has any one tried running extened memory games in 64 mb memory mode

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by hacksn5s4, Dec 8, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    have you tried by modding the cia of smash or sun and moon etc does the game lag or crash or run fine for the most part

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Dec 8, 2016
  2. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    With the time and effort you put into creating these threads/posts, you could've
    A: Earned money for Gateway 3DS/new3DS
    B: Learned how to program so you could create your own version of NTR

So please stop creating these threads as cell9 deleted the source code of NTR so no one else is going to get NTR working on extended RAM mode. Face it.

And it's completely obvious that a extended memory game will NOT work with 64 MB of RAM. The game is hard coded to do so, and there is a reason why the game reboots to high memory mode. When a PC game says "Minimum specs: 4 GB of RAM + quad core CPU" If your toaster is under the minimum specs, then it will crash when trying to launch the game.

So my question to you: Why don't you go buy a Gateway 3DS or a new Nintendo 3DS? You probably pirated every single game installed on your 3DS so why don't you give back to Nintendo and purchase a New 3DS as a "thanks" for having an easy to hack console ;)

KunoichiZ, Skylar-, cheuble and 3 others like this.
  3. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    this post isn't about ntr its askign about what would happen would it run laggy and has any one tried it

4. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    And the only reason you're asking about this IS because you want to run it in NTR.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    These games need those extra resources. They will not work without those extra resources, period, end of story.
    If you want to use more features with these games, buy a new3DS. There is no other way around it.

Hoppy and RyDog like this.
  6. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    If a program that's expecting X MB of RAM is not given enough, one of the following would happen:
    - It crashes
    - It runs slowly because the OS is constantly swapping to disk (not applicable to the 3DS)
    - It runs slowly due to constant garbage collecting, ultimately resulting in it crashing

Hoppy and RyDog like this.
  7. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    I don't know why you are so desperate to use NTR with Sun/Moon when we have PKhex if you want to use NTR with high memory games you need a New 3DS there is NO WAY around it so please stop making all the flipping threads asking about NTR like for example you made this thread called why are people still using NTR

RyDog likes this.
  8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Sun and Moon may work non-extended, Smea did some testing and got it to run with 92MB ram over 124 default.
    so far, there is at least some hope for O3DS owners who will not upgrade that it can run in non-extended mode.

9. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    "Smea got it to run with the maximum amount of RAM the O3DS has to offer rather than the base amount the N3DS offers"
    That doesn't mean you'll be able to squeeze it down on O3DS, sorry.

10. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    it uses 80 mbs of ram on old 3ds its just smeas using a new 3ds which means it boots all games in 124 mb memory mode but the new 3ds takes advantage of extra ram but on the old 3ds it runs with 80 since i used test menu to boot it in dev 2 and it works the same if you were to boot it normally their was no extra lag it ran how it normally does on old 3ds so it uses 80 mbs on old 3ds it was because smea was using a new 3ds and took the ram down to 92mbs hes wrong

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Dec 10, 2016
  11. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    punctuation do you even know how to use it i don't think so judging from your posts you should learn how to use it see how my post is unreadable well that's the same for yours that's because of the lack of punctuation

Baoulettes, RyDog and KunoichiZ like this.