Has any made a MCIT like thing for the wii u?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by xtheman, Oct 7, 2016.

1. xtheman
    OP

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Actually, an RPX build set up is in the works, which allows us to compile homebrew in the format that Loadiine, Cemu and Decaf can launch.
    Space Game was ported, among a slew of demos - which can be downloaded from here.
    Just note that this is still a work in progress. Screenshots may not work though, as the Space Game port is based on OSScreen instead of GX2. If Space Game fails to load screenshots, try the GX2 demo.

xtheman likes this.
  3. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    Once we get an IOSU exploit, I'll look into it. (Would let me add better usability, and I also can't fully test until we can bypass console bans)
    Until then, you can use stuff like SDCaffiine mods (or the Smash mode of Loadiine) to edit video or image files to achieve what you want. One of my friends did that.

I pwned U! and xtheman like this.
  4. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Don't need IOSU to target RPX, loadiine loads homebrew RPXs built on WUT just fine. IOSU just removes some limits and makes launching a bit nicer in terms of homebrew. RPX homebrew can multitask as if it were the taken over process.

Last edited by shinyquagsire23, Oct 14, 2016
  5. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    But could it take over games other than the 4 supported by Loadiine? The original MCIT was a CFW app that could be installed over anything, so I was waiting on something similar for a Wii U version to happen.

6. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    HBL and Loadiine both (temporarily) install themselves over Mii Maker; so I don't see why it wouldn't work with kernel.

7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    You probably could. The reason Loadiine GX2 targets those four games is because they are "allowed" by IOSU to access the SD Card. A kernel exploit should be able to take over any app on the console.

xtheman, I pwned U! and PF2M like this.
  8. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    Updating this old thread to add new information: I am not going to be working on a "Miiverse Custom Image Tool U" application, and this is why:
    Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.20.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.21.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 12.22.08 PM.png
    As you can see, my friend Arian and I have gotten Miiverse's Wii U (and 3DS, not pictured here) sites to work on a PC, and with that comes custom file uploading to any community. This makes anything along the lines of MCIT obsolete, since we can just go to a website, edit some HTML, and click a button to add images to our Screenshot Albums.

We will not be releasing this for some time, though, as this could be used to DESTROY Miiverse. If we can get other Nintendo-related venues to work here (like creating an NNID), then I'll consider it, but until then have these screenshots.