Homebrew Has any emulator tackled trying to emulate the optical mouse for games like Slide Adventure MAGKID?

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, and perhaps as a shock to some of y'all, but the DS actually released a peripheral that allowed the second/GBA slot to be used as an optical mouse. I don't believe if any other game actually used this besides Slide Adventure MAGKID, as it's often packaged with it. I'm sure a Japan-only Nintendo game being the only example of this being used might make it a hard sell to consider emulating, seeing as the game is probably more famous for being in Smash than what the game might actually be about, but I imagine it has enough demand as the microphone in Hey You Pikachu, and yet that got emulated in some N64 emulators.

I would imagine, if it could be emulated, would be that it merely uses your mouse in the game window as the sensor, as you'd be using your mouse to emulate the peripheral one. That said, has any emulator offered any kind of support for something like that?

Last edited by Goofy Time,
Reactions: Tarmfot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.