Hacking Has AK2i been tested on US DSi XL yet?

TheChosenBanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think its comfirmed that it works,watch this video,and you should get a SanDisk microSD.I reccomend over 2gigs because ak2i works faster with MicroSDHC cards.
oh and that dsi xl on the video is Japanse.. so don't order tha ak2i yet until you're sure it works.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheChosenBanana said:
you should get a SanDisk microSD.I reccomend over 2gigs because ak2i works faster with MicroSDHC cards.
Brand doesn't matter as much as it's Class rating and quality, and a typically good indication of that is where it's made.

A Sandisk from China typically doesn't perform as good as a Transcend from Japan.
I have an ADATA 4GB Class 6 from Korea, Class 6 -should- do a minimum of 6MB/s avg, mine does 15.8MB/s avg.
Some Class ratings are "false" and will use the highest burst speed, the fastest the card went during a transfer.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ericthegreat said:
Yea as far as I know the E and J versions work and also I mean what microsd should be a good replacement for a kingston 2gb japan I had.
Get a class 4 Toshiba/Kingston C08G 8GB card. They get 20MB/s read speeds, which is far faster than the majority of Class 6 cards.

Write speed is of little importance when it comes to Flashcarts.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
TheChosenBanana said:
you should get a SanDisk microSD.I reccomend over 2gigs because ak2i works faster with MicroSDHC cards.
Brand doesn't matter as much as it's Class rating and quality, and a typically good indication of that is where it's made.

A Sandisk from China typically doesn't perform as good as a Transcend from Japan.
I have an ADATA 4GB Class 6 from Korea, Class 6 -should- do a minimum of 6MB/s avg, mine does 15.8MB/s avg.
Some Class ratings are "false" and will use the highest burst speed, the fastest the card went during a transfer.

Some brands are all over the place (speed wise). My legit ADATA 8GB class 6 went at 2.4MB/s.

Didn't try too many brands after that, just stuck with Kingston and sandisk for the reliability.

TheChosenBanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
twiztidsinz said:
TheChosenBanana said:

I used a Kingston 2gigs on my Ak2i and it was ok speed,but then I bought an 8 gigs Lexar which worked faster.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheChosenBanana said:
I used a Kingston 2gigs on my Ak2i and it was ok speed,but then I bought an 8 gigs Lexar which worked faster.
If that was a Japan made card then it may not be down to the card. Even if the lexar was actually the same speed, it will still be much faster because it's formatted in FAT32 and has a 512K block size.

If you format your 2GB Kingson to FAT32 with a 512KB block size, you should notice a speed increase.

D

Deleted_171835

The DSi XL is just a fat DSi. Same firmware, no major differences at all. So, yes, the Acekard 2i will work on the DSi XL.

imlgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got a play.com 2gb one ordered, that should do alright
tongue.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes it'll work, I've tested it personally.

But if your Acekard had a contact issue in a DSi, it might have serious contact issue in a DSi XL and not work without added support.

Although I recently bought a new Acekard from gamekool, and the build quality was much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)