ending of FF ten is sooo sad =[ and aeris dying
laugh.gif

i just beat ff 12 yesterday ahhh for a FF game i think the story is weakkkkk

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cried on Zelda: Twilight Princess. I have the guide and in it is a list of all the Poes and their locations. I wasted all of my effing time looking for ALL of the Poes. I left the ones in that cavern for last, then I got them. I always drew a little 'X' in the guide next to all of them I got. I look in the guide, 'Score, I got all of them!'. I open the menu: 59 Poes. I double check the guide, all of them have 'X's. I literally threw my Wiimote on the ground.

Also I got pissed off at Worms: Open Warfare 2 on the DS because I always had crappy shots and missed them, and the CPU worms can get me even if I'm on the other side of the map and the wind factor is at it's max. I got so pissed off I smashed my stylus in my top screen, thus leaving a small scratch and breaking my hinge D:

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cried on Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I have the guide and in it is a list of all the Poes and their locations. I wasted all of my effing time looking for ALL of the Poes. I left the ones in that cavern for last, then I got them. I always drew a little 'X' in the guide next to all of them I got. I look in the guide, 'Score, I got all of them!'. I open the menu: 59 Poes. I double check the guide, all of them have 'X's. I literally threw my Wiimote on the ground.

Thats weird... I never knew you could use your Wii remote in Phantom Hourglass.
unsure.gif

Unless you mean Twilight Princess
wink.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can be moved by a book, movie, or even someone elses actions, then you can be moved by a video game as well. Its just an interactive book or movie in its own form, its still made by poeple and poeple are the ones that convey such emotions in their work. So no doubt a game with a good story could move someone's emotions.
Though since games are about fun, thats a tad rare.

I cant think of a game that made me feel all that sad.
I know there was a good few but I cant think of it on the top of my head.

Plenty of generaly moving games though.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cried on Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I have the guide and in it is a list of all the Poes and their locations. I wasted all of my effing time looking for ALL of the Poes. I left the ones in that cavern for last, then I got them. I always drew a little 'X' in the guide next to all of them I got. I look in the guide, 'Score, I got all of them!'. I open the menu: 59 Poes. I double check the guide, all of them have 'X's. I literally threw my Wiimote on the ground.

Thats weird... I never knew you could use your Wii remote in Phantom Hourglass.
unsure.gif

Unless you mean Twilight Princess
wink.gif

Oh whoops, thanks for pointing that out. I'm tired right now :yawn:

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say I cried, but I was upset when my favorite character in Kingdom Hearts 2...

Axel seems to bite the big one.
Although from what I hear, he's making a return in the DS game next year, and it's possible he's not really "dead" per se.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crying is a big word but i had my eyes wet in a couple instance in my last thirty years while gaming

First time is this one:
... and final fantasy four when the twins turn to stone to keep the walls from crushing you .

and second time was when i got the master sword in ocarina of time.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HL2:EP2 was very close. Valve is striving to get cinema into their games.

TF2 makes me cry because I force myself to never blink.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now you may think these are silly things to make me cry, but keep in mind I was a lot younger then. Though these were more tears about how it was a beautiful ending rather than sadness.

The end of Yoshi' Island (SNES)
The music that plays during those credits is still the best, most beautiful piece of music I've ever heard. I moved me to tears the first couple times.

End of Super Mario RPG
This one still makes me have a warm goopy feeling inside when I see it, but I don't cry anymore. Geno is my favourite video game character of all time. At the end, he turns back into a doll. by then, you forgot he was a doll in the first place, so it's a shock. Then at the end of the credits when the beautiful music plays, he turns into the "D" in "The End" I was so sad the first time, and I cried. Now I find it such a beautiful ending.

End of Link's Awakening DX (special ending)

If you beat Link's Awakening DX without getting a single game over, then you see the special ending. If you don't see this ending, you won't get the full effect of the game. (the original gray cartridge though, is not worth the extra work. Though I never get a game over in that game anyways)

During the scene where Marin is talking to Link (or to most people, "THIEF") she wishes see was a seagull so she could fly to far away places and sing. At the end of the credits when you get no game overs, it will focus on the blue sky. A picture of Marin will fade into view and it will start playing the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" She then turns into a seagull and flies off. This had me heart broken the first time I saw it, and I cried. I now see it as a beautiful ending.

I also cried when I finished the Kafei side quest in Majora's Mask. I was so happy and moved by it that I teared up.

Should games make you cry? That all depends on how they do it. Killing characters and such to make you sad shouldn't be done. It should make you cry through happiness and being emotional moved by the plot. Beautiful endings that are accompanied with beautiful music. When a game makes you happy, that's a successful game.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't cry.

I just get chocked up.

AND IT WAS EBA THAT DID IT TO ME.

On the Christmas level.

I didn't wanna let the girl down D:

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lots of movies, books, tv shows etc. (real life too) have made me cry. Some of you guys need to get in touch with your feminine side
wink2.gif

No games so far have made me pour with tears but I've been choked up in quite a few. Recently Half-Life episode 2 and the end of bioshock...it doesn't take a whole lot to make me cry but I find final fantasy a bit too cheesy and can't really relate to it I guess, same with zelda.

I agree with MCDui about being sadder when animals die than people. Old Yella
frown.gif
Air Bud
frown.gif
lots of other movies with dogs in particular. Mind you most of these were when I was younger...It's rarer that I cry these days but it still happens.

ocarson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never thought i'd tell this to anyone, but..
The end of earthbound made me BAWWWW like a little child, not in sadness, but it made me see how beautiful the world was, just for an instant, the bit were everyone prays for you, it made me realize how much love there is in this world.

Pussy.

Don't tell anyone else tho, k?

gh0ul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no game has ever made me cry, probably never will. I sometimes get chocked up on sad movies though

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
I have never cried, but I got really sad at the end of PW:T&T, knowing it would be the last decent one with phoenix and the gang in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol