Harvest Moon translation?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ChaosBoi, Apr 1, 2008.

Apr 1, 2008

Harvest Moon translation? by ChaosBoi at 7:12 PM (3,190 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I was wondering if anyone ever planned to start a translation on the new HM game that was recently released in Japan some time in Februrary. It's apparently called Shining Sun & Friends, which is a sequel to Island of Happiness from what I've heard. Knowing Natsume, it's gonna be another 2-3 years before NA sees the release date for this game, since IoH still doesn't have a set date for NA yet.

Anyway, If anyone ever plans to start a translation of this game, I'll try to help. Though I'm not a coder or anything and I don't really know any japanese, I can at least decipher the main menu stuff, the shop menus, the Island names and some item names. TBH, I learned most of the menu stuff from a translation guide but since the guide creator never actually played the game herself (She only translated what was shown in the japanese instruction manual), I had to find out most of the stuff on my own. So, anyone interested in starting the translation project?

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Both Island & Shining Sun are out later this year ... Island is out in the US on the 10th of June, and Shining Sun will be released at the end of the year.

Natsume has ramped up the speed of its Western releases ... we are even getting the latest River King game this month, in the US, and on June 27th in Europe ... though the European release is under the title, Harvest Fishing.

3. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    Can I have the source for Shining Sun's release? I'd doubt they'll actually release it by the end of the year. I mean, HM:DS was delayed a lot before it actually got released. And not to mention the fact that they never fixed the major bugs that the japanese version had either (Wasn't sure if Natsume ever had the power to do it since they just translate the game).

4. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    It is coming in the final quarter of this year ... believe me, or not ... the choice is yours.

But ask JPH, who posts the release info on this site, who gives him a lot of his info, these days [​IMG]

5. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Cute was even longer, over 2 years.

6. ChaosBoi
    OP

United States
    ^ I think it was because they were still deciding on whether to bring it over or not. Anyway, I'm not saying I distrust you thebobevil, I was just asking for a source because not even anyone on fogu nor gamefaqs has a US release announcement (But then again, Gamefaqs is bad with release dates sometimes).

7. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    I would tell you, if it was a source I could give out.

Not trying to be cryptic, or elitist, just can't say ... sorry about that.

Basically, Natsume ... and many other Japanese games companies ... have seen a growing acceptance of their titles in the West, and so, are ramping up their Western release schedules, and also releasing stuff that they may have not been initially planning on releasing in the West.

Just this year alone, we will be seeing releases of some technically old games ... old in Japan ... as well as releases we could never have hoped for.

All in all, it's some really good news for us gaijin lol

8. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    River King on the DS is getting an English release? [​IMG]

9. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Yes ... River King: Mystic Valley is released this month in the US, and in June, under the name Harvest Fishing, in Europe.

10. jin12312323

Newcomer jin12312323 Newbie

Korea, South
    Hey I just read this post and I don't think natsume will release HM SSAF this year [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] . HM IoH was pushed back to august so I don't think HM SSAF would be coming out in English.