Harvest Moon Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Xander-, Aug 15, 2006.

Aug 15, 2006

Harvest Moon Translation by Xander- at 11:25 PM (1,843 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Xander-
    OP

Newcomer Xander- Member

Hi,
    Is anyone working for an English or German Translation on Harvest Moon DS?
    I cant wait until the 12 of Sept [​IMG]

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I think the fact that the guaranteed western release of Harvest Moon DS is why no-one will translate it. That and the fact that by the time it's actually finished, the game is out.

3. Xander-
    OP

Newcomer Xander- Member

The game is out now???
    Yeahhhh when do you think that is getting dumped?

4. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    wow, this thread is a good example of the power of suggestion. xander wants to hear the game is out, so he butchers the post in his mind to say the game is out.

5. jeffkong

Member jeffkong GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The actual translation has been done ages ago, it's just Natsume (the publisher) keeps delaying it for some reason, probably waiting for an opportune sell date

and now a new Harvest Moon DS game is coming out in Japan this year, hope we don't have to wait a year for that too
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=4460

6. heyyouguys

Member heyyouguys GBAtemp Fan

United States

looks like you will have to wait less than a month to get the us version [​IMG] unless you can translate in less than a month [​IMG]

7. outphase

United States
    If you can translate the game, you need not do so.

8. Azadar

Member Azadar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is there a list of games that have translations that never made it stateside?

Any that were good and where would we find that.

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    @Azadar
    As far as I know DS translations number 2: A work in progress version of Jump Super Stars:
    http://www.translationrl.it/
    And New Super Mario Brothers USA version to French, which I only made to prove a point (and now the European version has been dumped is is especially pointless, it is still kicking around this very section if you care). There is a Dutch version in the works but I have been too busy/lazy to push it out of the testing/bugfixing stage (script was done a while back and I know what I have to do).
    I also have a few more things waiting in the wings (mostly menu translations).

GBA wise it gets a but better, Love Hina Advance was done a while back and so was a Fire Emblem title (OK it is about 95% done but still playable).
    The are a few translations of games into other European Langauages (Golden Sun had an Italian one a little while back if I recall) and there are a whole bunch of Chinese translations (search for NDSBBS if you are interested).
    http://www.romhacking.net/ is the place to go for English stuff though.

But as for you main question, there is no list as far as I am aware but new versions of Offline list: http://offlinelist.free.fr/
    (and it's own GBA dat as well as one of ADVANsCE's DS dats: http://www.advanscene.com/ ) have a Duplicates option which is easily used to tell which games have never seen an English release. (Anyone who is curious hold your mouse over the Name of the rom on the right hand side of the screen).

@outphase that is not true at all, I can read a few languages but it somewhat spoils the enjoyment if I have to go find a dictionary/character list every so often while playing.

10. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Yes, you can wait until the 12th of Sept. What's wrong with being patience ? [​IMG]

Maybe you need to get out more to kill the time. [​IMG]

11. outphase

United States
    I was implying that you need a pretty good level of fluency to be able to translate between languages. If you have this proficiency, it's not really necessary to be translating the game itself as you already know the language to play the game.