Harvest Moon ToT freezes on PAL wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nerdsmasher, Oct 4, 2008.

Oct 4, 2008
  1. nerdsmasher
    OP

Newcomer nerdsmasher Member

Netherlands
    I'm having a problem with Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility. I burned the game on a Verbatim DVD-R like I always, do, but this game freezes upon starting it. It shows three elves on the screen, but the wiimote doesn't respond anymore and the reset button doesn't work anymore, I have to power down the Wii manually.

I have a PAL wii (3.2E) with wiikey updated to the latest firmware.
    I burned it twice. One used with WiiBrickBlocker and the other without. (used Menuloader to skip the system update)
    I used Wiifrii2.3b on both to make it regionfree (used smart patcher on one and didn't change the video mode on the other). Both discs show the same behaviour.

Anyone know what causes this? Could there be anything important in the system update I should have? Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

2. shanefromoz

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    It works perfect when run through Gecko OS using the homebrew channel.

Cheers

3. apcarr

Member apcarr GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Its doing exactly the same for me on YAOSM 3.2 and it works only when run through Gecko OS..strange!

4. nerdsmasher
    OP

Newcomer nerdsmasher Member

Netherlands
    Thanks for the tip.
    It does work now, but only if I force the video mode to NTSC. The sound quality is really low for some reason (everything sounds as if it's resampled to 11kHz) and the game crashes when I try to open the Map (screen freezes and a beeping sound occurs).

5. JesseAs

Newcomer JesseAs Advanced Member

Netherlands
    my game freezes when i open my back-pack, and i think I'll need that to play [​IMG]

but no worry's for my ill get my wiikey this week

6. ZarathustraX

Newcomer ZarathustraX Member

Sweden
    I'd like more info on this if possible.

I want to run Harvest Moon ToT NTSC on a PAL Wii using WiiGator's Backup Launcher, but I want to hear about others that have tried this first.

How does it work? Does the long loading intrude on your experience?

Cheers.

7. gumbyscout

Member gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just occured to me, but does anyone know if the actual game installs an update? That could be the problem, that most of us don't have the update.

8. apcarr

Member apcarr GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I tried 2 versions 1 without the update and 1 with,it doesnt install an update on my PAL 3.3e Wii,and to the 2 guys above it doesnt work with the backup launcher and its freezing with WiiKey's too.

9. ZarathustraX

Sweden

Are you completely sure? Then that is highly bothersome. Anyone tried an imported original copy with Region Change?

Thanks

10. JesseAs

Newcomer JesseAs Advanced Member

Netherlands
    dont think so i've got a wiikey and PAL wii 3.2E + PAL harvest moon ToT and it work (nice game [​IMG])

11. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have an original copy of the game. NTSC-U Wii and NTSC game. It works perfectly. I also have a WiiGator Backup Loader version of the game from the "Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility USA Wii-Scrubbed WiiST" Release of the game which works just fine other than some long load times and slight video artifacting on the character models. I compiled the backup loader myself and also made a custom channel out of it. I did not install the update on my backup loader Wi. Also, my Wiikey'd system runs the original copy just fine without the update (using Starfall to override updates.

12. ZarathustraX

Sweden
    Thanks for the info. I'd like to know if anyone has achieved success on a PAL machine?