Harvest Moon: Skytree Village announced for Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Chary, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Cj3tvwwUgAEBdzQ.jpg

Natsume has revealed their latest title in the Harvest Moon series via Twitter today. Not much is known about the game, but Natsume will be showcasing more details about it during E3.

:arrow: Source

2. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Sweet! I love this series

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What is harvest moon about? is it a farming simulation or dating simulation, or general simulation like the sims series?

4. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Both farming and dating simulation. Harvest Moon DS needed pretty badass faqs to be read, if you wanted everything... (still have stuff unfinished there, and played since the launch...)
    Could seem like for noobs, but just the farming mechanics are complicated if you want to maximize the crops you get.

5. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Wait, isn't this one of those new knock-off Harvest Moons?

Natsume retained the name and started churning out bad games using the super popular old license, the REAL HMs are still coming out, but they're named Story of Seasons now.

The last true HM was A New Beginning. Haven't played The Lost Valley yet, but the reviews for it are abysmal so I'm not sure what to expect from this one. I'll probably stick to the original titles.

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    so kinda like that stardew valley game people been playing.

[^Blark^] likes this.
  7. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    from what I played on SNES it's nothing like sims. you control the character and you have to fish,plant crop,water them etc etc. it's a lot like "stardew valley" for PC in my opinion. not just farming there's more to do.

8. Patxinco

Apr 18, 2011
    Stardew is directly based on this series, if you check some images from stardew and HM64, they are pretty the same graphically IIRC.
    Stradew is HM with mods, we could say, and pretty good ones i think.

[^Blark^] likes this.
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So is this a game you play online with other players, does it have a story or a lenier game play mode like a objective based game play, or is it just do whatever you want kind of game?

10. Scarlet

Scarlet Phone Charm

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    Man this was what I was thinking when I saw it. Natsume need to just let the name die, they're dragging it through the mud. Story of Seasons however is fantastic, and I hope they continue to be fantastic.

RedBlueGreen, nxwing and raulpica like this.
  11. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    Fuck yeah. Hype is real. Now all I need is animal crossing on Wii U that isn't shit and or NX.

12. Patxinco

Apr 18, 2011
    Lost Valley mechanics are like the ones from original HM series, you must "awake" the spirits and regain the power of the Godess.
    Story of Seasons have changed this, the spirits are somekind there, but they don't help you with the farm, like they used to; you don't regain godess powers, you are dedicated to the crops and the market; and regaining energy is a bit more complicated, but it's fun in his way.

Last edited by Patxinco, Jun 1, 2016
  13. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    I disagree sorry. what i'd like to see is another Legend of River King/River King title. I love those games.

astrangeone likes this.
  14. lolz5521

lolz5521 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2015
    Indonesia
    I though this one was the story of season sequel. Meh...

RedBlueGreen likes this.
  15. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    wait it's ok to make new games as "bootleg" of the series that gave it the name? lol poor Bokujou monogatari...
    are these "new harvest moon" going to japan in any form? lolo

and hope i'ts don't look like shit like the seeds of memory ... "Orage season" apha had better looking than this ...
    now it's influencied by stardew valley lol

16. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Personally, as someone who loved the HM series, I played the "new" Story of Seasons and I like it, but I find out that I seriously do not have the patience to deal with the game in full....

Patxinco likes this.
  17. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    Good thing I wasn't looking for someone to agree with me. That would have been a shame. /s

18. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Don't fund it, Natsume are butchering the series. Stick to "Story of Seasons" games.

Pluupy likes this.
  19. 3DSPoet

3DSPoet GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Oh, Harvest Moon....I remember reading about the original SNES version in Nintendo Power..it was like 1/6 of a page, couple of screens and maybe 4 paragraphs of text talking about this unusual game that took a different approach than any other game....

I was out a video rental store a couple of months later and saw it sitting on the shelf... My brother & I were only allowed to rent 1 game each. I decided, rather hesitantly, on getting Harvest Moon thinking it resembled the RPG games I like so much and thought maybe the farming was more of a side thing....

So I got it home and started playing it. No real RPG elements....you could go chat up the local villagers if you wanted, and you could farm...

SEVERAL HOURS LATER....My field was completely cleared, I had crops growing in waves so I was harvesting nearly every day...it was amazingly addictive for such a "simple" game. I loved that the clock stopped at 5pm and that there was no penalty for overworking yourself other than not being able to work anymore.

They "fixed" these 2 things in all future versions of the game, which I found kind of sad, but meh..that's what cheats are for. :D

I haven't played any of the 3DS titles, yet, but was planning on starting on either Story of Seasons or a New Beginning sometime soon!

From what I've seen of The Lost Valley, I don't hold much hope for this new release.

20. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    now im confused.... its gonna be a story of seasons style or lost valley style gameplay?