Harvest Moon: Shining Sun & Friends

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ChaosBoi, Mar 21, 2008.

Mar 21, 2008
  1. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I've been playing the game for awhile now. Though it's only released in Japan (Hopefully we get an english version too since IoH is coming to America soon), it's still fun when you use your HM common sense to get by in the game. Though I'm having a hard time progressing because I don't know what the NPCs are saying, it's probably the only game in a foreign language that I've ever played this far, other than Gundam Seed Omni Vs Zaft for the PSP.

Anyone else playing this game and enjoying it? Playing this makes me wish Natsume would hurry up with the translations, since HM games seems to be made faster than they can translate nowadays :\ .

2. Sendoh

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Typically the games only get released like more than 1 year after the Japanese version. I don't play it yet, because a large portion of the entertainment I get is from the NPCs' background stories. This is why I didn't enjoy Rune Factory as much as other Harvest Moon games.

3. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Harvest Moon DS Cute is the only really slow one... Over 2 years now, and it's still not on US shelves.

Although I think there was a PS1 game or something that didn't come out in English.

4. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    There are a minimum of 3 Harvest Moon games getting an English language release this year ... Cute, the Island one (forget the full name) & another HM themed puzzler ... plus, I think Rune Factory 2 is this year, also.

5. ChaosBoi
    OP

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    RF was amazing the first time through, but when I tried to play it again, it got so boring. I wished RF2 would explain more about RF1 but I heard that it doesn't [​IMG] . Anyway, I mainly play HM games for the gameplay though, otherwise I'd have gone with other RPGs if I wanted story [​IMG] . I'm finally making a bit of progress on HM: Sun but it's still a bit ways to go >.< . Hopefully this game does make it to the US. I'd prefer this over Island, since I've heard that this game is a supposedly improved version of Island but it takes place in a different setting with the same character casts.