1. 4,266

Front-page
    HMOneWorldLogo_01.png
    Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, and Rising Star Games, video game publisher and long-standing partner of Natsume, today announced their latest title, Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch. Harvest Moon: One World will be launching later this year, distributed by Nintendo of Europe in European countries.

Fledgling farmers will explore an entire world full of new and familiar faces, unique villages, and adventurous challenges while managing their growing farm. The new title is being developed with an all-new engine and graphics.

“Harvest Moon: One World features a brand-new way of exploring Harvest Moon that seasoned players and new generations will both enjoy,” said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. “Over the decades, Harvest Moon has evolved but has always retained the traditional, family-friendly farming fun that the franchise is known for. The new engine and new graphics will upgrade this experience for 2020. We are so excited to share more about the features of Harvest Moon: One World in the coming months.”

Can you imagine a world without tomatoes, strawberries, or even cabbage? In the latest entry in the Harvest Moon series, that’s the situation players will find themselves in. Only an old book gives hints of what once was... Buoyed by a mysterious discovery, players will find themselves setting out on an adventure that spans not only their hometown but the whole world! What kind of people and places await? From the gorgeous beaches of Halo Halo to the snowy mountains of Salmiakki, there’s literally an entire world to explore.

“Rising Star Games has been partnering with Natsume for nearly two decades.” said Brjann Sigurgeirsson of Thunderful Publishing and Rising Star Games. “Harvest Moon is the very series that started the farming genre, always innovating and bringing fresh ideas whilst attracting new players. With the invaluable support of Nintendo of Europe, we will continue to carry the torch of this successful series into 2020 and beyond for Pan-European regions with the release of Harvest Moon: One World for Nintendo Switch.”

:arrow:Harvest Moon: One World Official Site

2. Discussion (32 replies)

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    so it's more like rune factory and you'll have to progress something besides farmlife to improve your farm/learn the wisdom of old, but instead of the dungeons being in the forefront, it's the farm and you can't just ignore it?

MarkDarkness likes this.
  4. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    I mean yeah it's Harvest Moon
    the farm is the whole point

5. Zense

Zense GBARunner2 config: Touch the touchscreen + press R

Italy
    So wait, is this part of the original harvest moon series or the derivation that happened when Story of Seasons became a thing? Basically is this most likely gonna be good or bad?

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    in rune factory, which is a harvest moon/story of seasons spinoff, you can mostly ignore the farm

7. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    i will never understand why they destroyed this absolutely fantastic brand (at least until mineral town). harvest moon once stood for great farm game.
    And it can be so "simple", you can take a huge example from stardew valley...

The whole rune factory stuff was nothing for me. I play such games for 99% the farm and earn factor

8. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    still won't compare to stardew valley

9. Kodaleafeon

Kodaleafeon Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Nah, this isn't part of the originals. Natsume only has the rights to the name Harvest Moon for whatever reason. Story of Seasons is the actual harvest moon series, hence the recent remake of Friends of Mineral Town is not called Harvest Moon.

Sumasuun, Sapphire01 and Zense like this.
  10. CactusMan

CactusMan GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I´ll give it a shot. If we support them long enough, they´ll get there. Once they got to Harvest Moon :Light of Hope Complete Edition for 30 Euro it was a decent buy. Make Harvest Moon Great Again.
    Or just play Story of Seasons.

11. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I know that Harvest Moon is not Harvest Moon anymore but instead is known by the original name (Story of 4 seasons).

If the game is actually good I could not care less over the name and if it is a "true" successor to the series or not.
    The last few games were a total clusterfuck though...

Sumasuun likes this.
  12. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    this is really a false marketing at its core.

13. ken28

ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    well then play story of season the true "harvest moon" games.

14. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    are those games worth a look? always ignored the story of seasons stuff because they looked like a cheap rip off of my beloved farming harvest moon series

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Genderfluid Gang!

Antarctica
    I’ve honestly lost interest in the harvest moon games after Stardew became a thing. Nintendo continues to ignore a lot of fan suggestions for the Harvest Moon games and it just isn’t as interesting as a result. Whereas Stardew Valley is not only getting updates to constantly improve the game and add content, but also listens to the fans. Plus Stardaw has same-sex marriage and Harvest doesn’t, so obviously that’s plays a little into this as well.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, May 13, 2020
  16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    fuck harvest moon with it's boring farming we need a new 3D rune factory

MajinCubyan likes this.
  17. Chary

Chary Never sleeps
    Chief Editor

United States
    They literally are the harvest moon games. They just lost the rights to the franchise name in the west.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Every single Harvest Moon game since around 2014 (after which the original "Harvest Moon" games were renamed "Story of Seasons") has been trash, so I won't be holding my breath for this one.

19. jt_1258

jt_1258 Ella

United States
    it is not truly part of the original harvest moon series. story of seasons is the true continuation and modern day titles that use the harvest moon title are soley made by the company that originally translated the games for the west being Natsume since they own the name. this definetly shows when you look at Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town...which is a remake of Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town...even with remakes there hand is forced sadly :/

Zense likes this.
  20. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    It's because of idiots who report this crap just because of the Harvest Moon name that Natsume pulled that jackass move

21. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

YAY A NEW HARVERST MOON GAME

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, Nintendo, Harvest