Gaming Harvest Moon DS Review (IGN - Why so low?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sap147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really really looking forward to this game more than any other ds game that got released around this time period. Unfortunately IGN gave it a 6.0 overall score. I really thought this would get atleast 8.0. The reader average was 8.5 so maybe theres still hope. Has anyone played it?

IGN Link - http://ds.ign.com/articles/732/732404p1.html

Norante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you play it yourself instead of letting a website tell you what to like and not like?

sap147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you play it yourself instead of letting a website tell you what to like and not like?

i AM still gonna get it, i never said that i wouldnt play it because of the score IGN gave it. However i DID expect it to receive a higher score than it did. I mean if its just a port of the GBA version (which IGN says it pretty much is), then i really dont have any charm to play it since i played the GBA one to death. Regardless i will still try it out, just that my hopes have been lowered. Hopefully im wrong.

Norante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's a year-and-a-half old game that surely will look underwhelming compared to the cream of the crop for the DS right now.

godbuns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
REread the review they said the game was still excellent , it scored low because they really didnt do anything to make it a DS title , it wasnt innovative enuff for them (gba graphics, weak touch screen support thing like that).

kohkindachi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I look forward to this game and will most likely play it
smile.gif

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
I was also looking forward to this title (and still am).
But after it getting a 6/10 from both N-Power and IGN, my hopes for this game aren't as high.
frown.gif

I LOVED the GBA game, but I've played it way to much to start a new game that's pretty much the same.
But I guess I can always try it out.

sap147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also looking forward to this title (and still am).
But after it getting a 6/10 from both N-Power and IGN, my hopes for this game aren't as high.
frown.gif

I LOVED the GBA game, but I've played it way to much to start a new game that's pretty much the same.
But I guess I can always try it out.

my thoughts exactly.

Ferrian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still getting this game. I have no problems with the graphics at all. Plus its set in a different town this time. I think the gba one just used the same town from the Playstation version.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mineral town's village is sort of likt BTN's village, just a little. well i bought the game and i will only play the eng version if i can convert mysave to us ver.but if not i'm gonna stick to playing the japanese version, too far to start again.

and i think that sheering the sheep milking the cow and petting you animals all using the stylus made the game title a ds title.

shinshoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I been playing it for couple days...
and still puzzled from Natsume decission to input "Weird" conversations and storylines.

In term of graphics, it an 'enhanced' version of Harvest Moon Mineral Town (GBA version), with added 2nd display + stylus.
Also, character development is abit weird? I'm used to old Harvest moon, where the character always being orphaned or childhood flashback.
But, it might a chance for Natsume to put us in different story, well more like a Harvest moon sequel.
Judging from most NPC reactions, seems they already know us (main char), plus the traditional mayor-visit-our-house-at-1st-day scene, tweaked into more twisted action?
Well, the rest of the game is fine, absolutely fine... I'm just abit confuse with the chessy storyline, make me wondering is this a crap translation or this is wacko version of Harvest moon.
This is unusual for harvest moon series... strange... very strange.
wtf.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty confusing for a Harvest Moon newbie. Like, I don't know what to do besides grow crops...?

sketch143

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where to find them ores? =p my character dies in his attempt to water all the crops i planted. =p

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the game out lastnight and Im quite disappointed. It is like what IGN said, exact GBA title with minor changes. And some of those changes actually made the game even worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?