Harvest moon ds Cute to DS Sprite swap

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Zebraeata, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Zebraeata
    OP

Zebraeata Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2014
    United States
    Basically I just want to play as the ponytail girl in the regular harvest moon DS. (Unless someone has cracked the best friend system natsume "fixed") I've worked with tinke and stuff briefly before so the first brute force method I did after opening up harvest moon ds cute in Tinke was export girl.bin and character.bin

then I renamed girl.bin to boy.bin and inserted it into harvest moon DS and it did nothing. Inserting the character.bin causes a black screen which I assume is from the scripts being different in each game for character creation.

Does anyone know how to just access the sprites and pallettes out of these .bin files so I can manually replace them with crystaltile2 or something? I'm used to working with pokemon roms where a the file structure is completely different.

Edit: Since these are all .Bin files and because of that I Imagine a hex editor is eventually going to be necessary, I'm willing to pay someone to just do this for me or help me along since I can't hex edit for the life of me. I know I signed up yesterday to ask this one question so I might not be trustworthy, but I'll be willing to get a visa giftcard or something and give it first if someone can help me with this. Yes I'm THAT desperate. Thanks.