Harvest Moon DS Cute Action Replay Help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Wolfdoggirl122, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011
  1. Wolfdoggirl122
    OP

Newcomer Wolfdoggirl122 Member

United States
    I want to make a code that changes/alters the player in Harvest Moon DS Cute
    but the character looks the same like Claire and Pony/Jill or a code that activates the Best Friend System but i don't know how to i'm a unexperinced and new at making codes.
    From
    Wolfdoggirl122

2. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    to make codes like that, you need to have a firm grasp of how the game works on a program code level.

like, do a savestate, change nothing but your characters outfit, and then do another savestate.
    compare both savestates, and look what bytes changed at what adresses, chances are, this is your code. Find the adress, note the values, and make an action replay code using the correct parameters.

it's quite hard, especially if what i just mentioned there sounds "complicated" to you.
    if you have a grasp of the techniques used here (binary compare, working with AR codes, and an understanding how the game you're trying to make a code for stores the desired values) then something like this is trivial. Not to me it ain't.

in that case, your best bet is to use google to find the code you need, or request one in the rom hacking section, i am sure around here somewhere is a cheat code thread.

3. Wolfdoggirl122
    OP

Newcomer Wolfdoggirl122 Member

United States
    Thanks I will request it then i don't think i'm experienced enough but i'll practice though but how do i get the programming code files can you give me the link?