Harvest Moon creator reveals new PS4 exclusive game called Birthdays

birthday-08-23-16-1.jpg

Yasuhiro Wada, the creator of the well loved farming game, Harvest Moon, is back with a new IP. Tentatively named "Birthdays", it seems to be a simulation type game that focuses on creating habitats for dinosaurs by manipulating the land. The creatures are affected by the changes you make to their environment, and will evolve to adapt to it. According to Famitsu, the game is being developed by Arc System Works, and will release in Japan as a PS4 exclusive on January 19th.

‘Birthdays lets players create, steadily evolve, and develop environments on new lands where living things are born. It will be playable at the Tokyo Game Show in September.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted-379826

Yasuhiro Wada, the creator of the well loved farming game, Harvest Moon, is back with a new IP. Tentatively named "Birthdays", it seems to be a simulation type game that focuses on creating habitats for dinosaurs by manipulating the land. The creatures are affected by the changes you make to their environment, and will evolve to adapt to it. According to Famitsu, the game is being developed by Arc System Works, and will release in Japan as a PS4 exclusive on January 19th.

:arrow: Source
Seems pretty cool!

Reactions: Chary

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? "game over" I think it's pretty cool and many people love/love messing around with these simulation games!
YES GAME OVER
Since when does a fighting game company make "Dinosaur simulators?" So far arc system works and natsume (I think is part of the harvest moon publishing) Has been trying to collab for making a River city ransom like title exlcusive for Japan 3DS available internatonally, but so far no news on that, and that was announced before this game, so what the heck is going on?

Oh and i'm still waiting for my guilty gear blazblue crossover game :ninja:

D

Deleted-379826

YES GAME OVER
Since when does a fighting game company make "Dinosaur simulators?" So far arc system works and natsume (I think is part of the harvest moon publishing) Has been trying to collab for making a River city ransom like title exlcusive for Japan 3DS available internatonally, but so far no news on that, and that was announced before this game, so what the heck is going on?

Oh and i'm still waiting for my guilty gear blazblue crossover game :ninja:
Why can't they? That's like saying Nintendo can't make Zelda if they make Mario! Since when does a puzzle game making company make a platformer? And you do know different teams work on different things, so it all depends for that other game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't they? That's like saying Nintendo can't make Zelda if they make Mario! Since when does a puzzle game making company make a platformer? And you do know different teams work on different things, so it all depends for that other game.
I wasn't saying they can't i was just surprised i didn't know they would, also i am wondering why they don't finish one project before starting or announcing a new one.... I just need some time to let it sink in.... :unsure:

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

I wasn't saying they can't i was just surprised i didn't know they would, also i am wondering why they don't finish one project before starting or announcing a new one.... I just need some time to let it sink in.... :unsure:
Ah I see, also like I said because of different teams withing the large company!

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dayum, that's what I would want a pokemon game to be about. Premise looks interesting, hopefully the technology in creature interaction and design isn't completely shit like in NMS.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What's weird is that it's not the same thing. Arc is more known for its hand in fighting games. So, yes, this is a bit of a surprise.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

Bruh, let 'em do what they want to do! They can make whatever the hell they please~
At a point, a company gets big enough that it can work on two projects simultaneously. Look at Bethesda. They always have two full-sized games in the works at any given time (i.e. FO4 was being pre-planned while Skyrim was being developed). Most, if not all companies that are bigger than a certain size do this. Welcome to game development brah.

EDIT: More games = more money, 'nuff said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol