Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys,

right now, I wanted to get a 3d-Banner (cgfx?) to test it for a Homebrew and I decided to decrypt "Harvest Moon - A new beginning" for it to get a example.
But now, I found many MAAAANY ".nut"-files in the decrypted romfs.
the nut-files are all scripts of this game in Plain Text, which means, I'm able to edit ANYTHING code-related of the game (which is fantastic!) :D

Here's a example:

hmmodidjf5.jpg

hmmod2y0sgp.jpg

I Just wanted to share this with you :)

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
looks interesting :v so the gae is easly moddable with this: like chaging npc place and texts?

yes, that should be possible.
There are more interesting things in the files, like this:
Code:
PlayerMoney <- {
    Init = 500,
}

or

Code:
//    アバターのデフォルト設定(男)
PlayerAvatarDefaultBoy <- {
    Body = "M_UNIFORM_1",
    Head = "PLAYER_HEAD_0",
    Hair = "M_HAIR_FARM_STYLE",
    EyeColor = 0,
    HairColor = 0,
    EyeShape = 0,
    Skin = 0,
}

or Spawning Locations of Items
Code:
function InitFieldItemAdvanced()
{
    InitFieldItemCommon()

FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_1", 6, 95.80, -185, 5, 1 );//森マップ
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_1", 80, 95.80, -146, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_1", 145, 56.79, 89, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_MOON_DROP", 90, 56.79, 40, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_MOON_DROP", 31, 56.79, 31, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_1", -40, 56.79, 23, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_1", -45, 56.79, 40, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_2", -27, 56.79, -80, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_3", 200, 0.79, 167, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_3", 211, 56.79, -17, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_3", 175, 59.71, 25, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_2", -300, 30.79, -4, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_2", -103, 12.51, 28, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_1", -145, 12.51, 58, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_MOON_DROP", -142, 12.51, 102, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_3", -98, 0.79, 200, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_MOON_DROP", -212, 0.80, 254, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_3", 64, 0.79, 214, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_BRANCH_2", 36, 0.79, 224, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_STONE_3", 225, 0.79, 200, 5, 1 );
    FieldItemManager.Get().Place(FieldData.GetID("MAP_FOREST"), "ITEM_MOON_DROP", -24.18, 56.79, 32.59, 5, 1 );

also I found the Shop-Items
Code:
function InitShopCommon() {

//雑貨屋
/*    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_ONION_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_TOMATE_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_SPINACH_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_CARROT_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_WHITE_RADISH_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_BROCCOLI_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_SUN_FLOWER_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_RED_ROSE_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_PINK_SEED");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_SNOWDROP_SEED");
*/    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_FOOD_GRAPE_WINE");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_RISE");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_RISE_FLOUR");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_FLOUR");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_BREAD_FLOUR");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_OIL");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_SPICE");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_CURRY_FLOUR");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_COFFEE_PACK");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_COCOA_PACK");
    ShopData.AddShopItem("SHOP_ITEM_TORYUFU");

Reactions: Margen67 and Sliter

SonicHyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when this game released I ran into a lot of this: (phone quality incoming)

4SGus9c.jpg

It looked like this game used basic HTML, now I see I wasn't too far off from that assumption...

Reactions: Margen67

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Back when this game released I ran into a lot of this: (phone quality incoming)

4SGus9c.jpg

It looked like this game used basic HTML, now I see I wasn't too far off from that assumption...

I had this too ^^
Yea, the Strings seems to be saved in the xbb-file "Msg.xbb".
the xbb seems to be a compressed, not strong encrypted file format, but I'm not able to decompress it (because idk how to do it).
Is there someone who can handle this for me?

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm very interesting. Maybe we could write a tool to convert rpgmaker-style games into animal crossing mods?

Harvest Moon =/= Animal Crossing, lol xD
But yea, I thing I should be able to create something own with it when i know how to decompress the xbb files :)

Additional Info:
The Code seems to be in Squirrel Language

Gryphon93

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm... Interesting. It seems like the scripts for the game is written in Squirrel (http://www.squirrel-lang.org). That's my guess based on the syntax and the file extension. I love it when developers do things like this. It makes it really fun to go through the contents of the game. Nice work finding it, ChrisX930!

I've kind of reverse engineered the XBB file format back when HM: IoH came out. I made a small tool in Ruby which extracted files from the XBB file, but it can't put it back together (even though it's a pretty straight forward job). The format is simple, but I haven't figured out what type of compression (I assume the data is compressed) is used for the files in the XBB file. I don't have much time to work on a proper tool right now, even though I promised another GBATemp member I would create one last summer... Anyways, if you have some programming skills you will easily be able to put a simple un-/packer together. The format is quite simple, as I mentioned earlier.

[Edit: I assume the format is the same in HM: AnB as it was in HM: IoH and HM: SI, but I don't know]
[Edit 2: I didn't see that you already had mentioned Squirrel in your previous post. Sorry about that.]

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm... Interesting. It seems like the scripts for the game is written in Squirrel (http://www.squirrel-lang.org). That's my guess based on the syntax and the file extension. I love it when developers do things like this. It makes it really fun to go through the contents of the game. Nice work finding it, ChrisX930!

I've kind of reverse engineered the XBB file format back when HM: IoH came out. I made a small tool in Ruby which extracted files from the XBB file, but it can't put it back together (even though it's a pretty straight forward job). The format is simple, but I haven't figured out what type of compression (I assume the data is compressed) is used for the files in the XBB file. I don't have much time to work on a proper tool right now, even though I promised another GBATemp member I would create one last summer... Anyways, if you have some programming skills you will easily be able to put a simple un-/packer together. The format is quite simple, as I mentioned earlier.

[Edit: I assume the format is the same in HM: AnB as it was in HM: IoH and HM: SI, but I don't know)

Thank you for the answer :)
I'm already trying to write some un-/packer and I hope I get it to work :)

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I had this too ^^
Yea, the Strings seems to be saved in the xbb-file "Msg.xbb".
the xbb seems to be a compressed, not strong encrypted file format, but I'm not able to decompress it (because idk how to do it).
Is there someone who can handle this for me?

xbb file is not compressed, is plain archive format without any compression on 3ds version (not like on ds, is compressed on second generation of engine). is same as xbb format on Island of Hapiness format , but is have extra byte on it. most of text is stored on Msg.xbb, but name of item/character/etc is stored on individual file on data setting iirc, and is stored on special format pp (magic header : PAPA)

you can check it on https://gist.github.com/andibadra/2632d06a7066224ae08d#file-9_format_xbb_3ds-md .

D

Deleted User

Can you give the Girl or Guy clothes from other characters? Like use the body id of the harvest goddess or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: @AncientBoi I'm going to outright block you now.