Harry Potter Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Little, Jun 22, 2007.

Jun 22, 2007

Harry Potter Wii by Little at 10:29 AM (1,608 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Okay, this is quite sad but is anyone else actually really excited about this game? I know that because it's a multi platform release timed to coincide with the movie I shouldn't really get my hopes up. However, there's just so many ways this could be made brilliant! The box says it uses hand gestures for spell casting... if done right that could make some damn good game play IMO! If every spell has a quick and easy gesture, and the game has good recognition of that... it could be great! Apparently it's not linear too which sounds just as awesome! It's out next Friday in the UK and I can't wait to get it =)

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Ign gave it 7.8, the PS2 version got 7.0. They're the only reviews and scores I've seen so far so at least its not terrible. Although whether you trust IGN is another matter.

I know GBA and DS versions are different but is the Wii one same as 360, PSP and all others?

3. Wanque

Member Wanque GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you can use the remote to punch Ron in the groin, I'm buying it right now!

4. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    Other than all the being based on the movie stuff, I think it sounds super great =D

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    They should definitely add a microphone, so that you have to yell commands at the top of your voice along with flailing your arms around. (Well, say the commands in a clear voice along with waving your hand slightly, but we all know that ends up in flailing and screaming. Just look at Wii Sports.)

_>

*waves hand vaguelly*

Expelliarmus!!!

[​IMG]

6. iTech

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oddly enough, this game has me more excited than any other.
    The reason being that me and my kid sister share a unique kind of bond while playing games based on the Harry Potter series. She's a big fan (I mean it literally. We had to saw off the speakers before she could fit infront of the TV. It was that or demolish the back wall, which wasn't an option since the towering stack of decade-old garbage bags outside has attracted hyenas) but she's too young to play the game herself, so I have to do it while she watches and randomly claps her hands together whenever a magic spell creates a flashy light, which is the only type of light she can see after the lobotomy I tried to perform left her with a broken toothpick stuck between the hemispheres.

We've played all the GC titles except for one ("The Philanthropists' Store") and own Harry Potter 2 and 3 for the GC.
    Some shithead down at the gameshop accidentally put two discs in the gamebox when we bought HP 3 (he put in HP 2 as well).
    We were on a shoestring budget because my mom had thrown her dentures at a child during my sister's birthday party and a molar was embedded into his forehead - we had to buy a pair of tweezers to pull it out before the kids parents came to pick him up.
    So we could only afford one game, and picked Azkaban. Luckely the fuck at the gameshop was high. (Eighter that, or he likes me ... in which case I'm leaving my clothes in the car next time and will come back wearing a PS3 on my chest)

The quality of the titles improved gradually in the course of the series, and I think this one is gonna be the best. HP4's departure from blatanly ripping off Zelda proves once again that it's better to be a good thief than a lousey crackhead inspirationless overpaid sack of shit. People like Zelda so they'll like a game that's actually made by a 14-year-old with a Zelda64 ROM hacking tool by replacing the textures and models with those EA had made on rentacoder.com by an artist whose real name is spelled with 24 digits and a comma.

This is how it goes rip-off-wise;
    HP1: Zelda 64 ROM Hack
    HP2: Zelda Windwaker ISO Hack
    HP3: Zelda Windwaker ISO Hack
    HP4: Sonic Heroes ISO Hack
    HP5: Zelda Twilight ISO Hack

So basically you're getting Zelda Twilight with alternative graphics and without a trace of a plot when you're buying the game - and 90% of people here love ZeldaTP and couldn't care less about the plot, which means they'll love HP5 as well.

I'm buying the came the minute it comes out this week, and you should to.
    (I'm serious, if you don't, you *will* be murdered in the supermarket during a holdup this friday. Copy/Paste this message to make sure it's not a shot in the genitals.)

7. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thank you iTech

8. BananaXX

Newcomer BananaXX Member

Any sign of Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix being dumped anytime soon?

9. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Yes. It's being released (soon), and with games, being released is usually an indication that they are going to be dumped, so... yes. I'd say chances are good.

10. xaxis

Newcomer xaxis Member

Canada
    i cant wait to play this game. The only bad thing is that some of the spells use both the nunchuk and wiimote so it wont feel like your actually using a wand. oh well it will still be fun

11. BananaXX

Newcomer BananaXX Member

But isn't it already released in the US? I figured the US edition would've been dumped by now...

12. Warm Woolly Shee

Member Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok it's been out for almost 1/2 a week now, someone want to rent it and dump it or what?

The US scene is dead.

13. 1ns4nity

Member 1ns4nity GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Waiting anxiously for the US release too... :X

14. Little
    OP

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    I'm sooooo disappointed with harry potter wii. it's shit to be honest =/ wasn't worth the £30. Imma probably trade it in tomorrow -__-; Or nicely ask if I can just have a refund lol.