Harry Potter RPG 'Hogwarts Legacy' delayed to 2022

EroI55TVQAAHBVr.jpeg

Less than two weeks into the new year, the first major game release of 2021 has already been delayed. Hogwarts Legacy, the open-world single-player RPG based off of the Harry Potter universe, was announced at the Playstation 5 event in September 2020 for a 2021 release. On the official Hogwarts Legacy Twitter page today, WB Games announced that it would be delayed until 2022 to "give the game the time it needs."

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
"A delayed game is eventually good blah blah blah" look I get it, delays are inevitable, and oftentimes necessary. But that doesn't stop me from being disappointed about it, especially when this was my second most anticipated game of the year.

On the plus side, at least now Rowling has time to reveal more fun lore facts that can be implemented, such as grown wizards canonically shitting themselves.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
"A delayed game is eventually good blah blah blah" look I get it, delays are inevitable, and oftentimes necessary. But that doesn't stop me from being disappointed about it, especially when this was my second most anticipated game of the year.

On the plus side, at least now Rowling has time to reveal more fun lore facts that can be implemented, such as grown wizards canonically shitting themselves.
And more transphobia

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's unfortunate, but it's much better that they do this very early than to try to rush a 2021 release and have to delay at the last second. It helps that they didn't even announce a release window aside from somewhere this year.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope that people stop whining and complaining about delays now that they see what happens to a hyped game thats released unfinished and broken

Reactions: Deleted User

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The animation and gameplay in the trailer looked terrible/wonky. I highly doubt this thing will come out as a solid title.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The biggest sin of this game is still the fact that you apparently start it as a transfer student in your fourth year.

Just let me go from year 1 to year 7, damn it!
I do feel the need at this point to plump for genuinely one of my favourite games
http://www.academagia.com/
"life simulator" wherein you have the first year of magic school. More Earthsea than harry potter (though fan mods can do things).

Nobody should buy this, as J.K. is a transphobic piece of shit and will get royalties from it.
Care to expand on that one? She always seemed fairly all about everybody having a good time.
A casual search says most claims of that are debatable as well.

Reactions: guisadop

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I do feel the need at this point to plump for genuinely one of my favourite games
http://www.academagia.com/
"life simulator" wherein you have the first year of magic school. More Earthsea than harry potter (though fan mods can do things).

Care to expand on that one? She always seemed fairly all about everybody having a good time.
A casual search says most claims of that are debatable as well.
I was there on Twitter as it unfolded. She was dragged, and it was hilarious.

But yeah, she's a total TERF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr