Harry Potter RPG 'Hogwarts Legacy' delayed to 2022

EroI55TVQAAHBVr.jpeg

Less than two weeks into the new year, the first major game release of 2021 has already been delayed. Hogwarts Legacy, the open-world single-player RPG based off of the Harry Potter universe, was announced at the Playstation 5 event in September 2020 for a 2021 release. On the official Hogwarts Legacy Twitter page today, WB Games announced that it would be delayed until 2022 to "give the game the time it needs."

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was there on Twitter as it unfolded. She was dragged, and it was hilarious.

But yeah, she's a total TERF.
That still says nothing other than person on forum claims something.

What did she say? Why was it bad.
Did a search.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/09/what-did-jk-rowling-say-why-people-think-transphobic-12824260/

Seems like reasonable statements to me and those trying to slate her for them I would say are being unreasonable.

I respect every trans person’s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. I’d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans.
What a cunt thing to say?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That still says nothing other than person on forum claims something.

What did she say? Why was it bad.
Did a search.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/09/what-did-jk-rowling-say-why-people-think-transphobic-12824260/

Seems like reasonable statements to me and those trying to slate her for them I would say are being unreasonable.

What a cunt thing to say?
That quote was her backpedaling.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...ransphobia-social-media-platforms-2877977?amp

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nobody should buy this, as J.K. is a transphobic piece of shit and will get royalties from it.
IIRC, the Rowling is not involved with this game's development, so I think it should be fine if anyone interested can buy the game.

For me, I don't have any interest in Harry Potter in general, so I will give this a pass. This shouldn't stop anyone else that want this game from buying it.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, the Rowling is not involved with this game's development, so I think it should be fine if anyone interested can buy the game.

For me, I don't have any interest in Harry Potter in general, so I will give this a pass. This shouldn't stop anyone else that want this game from buying it.
Doesn’t she still get money, since she owns Harry Potter?

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Oh look, another "delayed" game. Seriously, does anyone fall for this marketing trck anymore?
Also i predict it would be shit with all this delays.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope this game has a lot of content and is a nice polished experience when it comes out. I've been waiting for a great Harry Potter game; always thought that the games always weren't that great. Hopefully it comes out for PC as well :)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Less than two weeks into the new year, the first major game release of 2021 has already been delayed. Hogwarts Legacy, the open-world single-player RPG based off of the Harry Potter universe, was announced at the Playstation 5 event in September 2020 for a 2021 release. On the official Hogwarts Legacy Twitter page today, WB Games announced that it would be delayed until 2022 to "give the game the time it needs."

https://twitter.com/HogwartsLegacy/status/1349400854000922627

Are you kidding me?! seriously now - what the heck man, - this game ain't coming out, i know that for sure, -- how things realistically been going on - 2022 won't come for us..but if by some miracle it does then i'll go back on this statement

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"A delayed game is eventually good blah blah blah" look I get it, delays are inevitable, and oftentimes necessary. But that doesn't stop me from being disappointed about it, especially when this was my second most anticipated game of the year.

On the plus side, at least now Rowling has time to reveal more fun lore facts that can be implemented, such as grown wizards canonically shitting themselves.

Lmaoo xD this is very true tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?