Harry potter help .... thats right i said harry !

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok never read the harry potter books or seen any of the movies my question is this

should i watch the movies are they good ?

and please note im a grown man who actually get some every couple of months

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The movies are honestly not that bad. I noticed the movies get a little more mature as they go along as well as the books. Several reasons for that I am sure. The audience who started out with harry potter are growing up. And Harry is getting older as well. Give it a try and see if you like it and hope for the best that you like it. Everyone has a different taste in movies.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to think, which would be less embarassing: Being seen renting the movie or reading the book?

Oh, and in almost every case, the book is much better than the movie.

But why not read some good books? Sci-Fi FTW. Neuromancer, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Roadside Picnic.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^Agreed, but that's because there is no way the movies could be long enough to have all the stuff in the books. Don't read the books then watch the movies, cuz you'll probably be disappointed that they didn't have nearly as much of the content. If you've never read any of the books or movies, I think you should watch the movies first, then read the books. That's just my suggestion though, take it how you want to
wink.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Agreed, but that's because there is no way the movies could be long enough to have all the stuff in the books. Don't read the books then watch the movies, cuz you'll probably be disappointed that they didn't have nearly as much of the content. If you've never read any of the books or movies, I think you should watch the movies first, then read the books. That's just my suggestion though, take it how you want to
wink.gif

Stephen King has made a couple of mini-series (about 8 hours long) based on his books. Have you read them and seen the series? It's a lot closer to the book but I much prefer The Shining movie over The Shining mini-series.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif

Stephen King has made a couple of mini-series (about 8 hours long) based on his books. Have you read them and seen the series? It's a lot closer to the book but I much prefer The Shining movie over The Shining mini-series.
No, I don't really read much Stephen King.

mat88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Harry Potter book are really good. The movie are also very good (but they need to cut some part of the book to make a fee that is not 6hour
tongue.gif
) but games suk

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both are excellent, and there shouldn't be any embarrassment in renting/buying either. Harry Potter is just as much for adults as they are for kids; just like anything Muppets. There is no shame in enjoying something that is fun and entertaining.

Granted, it is more fun to watch with children though.

Besides, Hermione (Emma Watson) is getting kinda hot as she grows up.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Movies are crap compared to the books.
Especially the newest movie (The Order of the Phoenix), as they completely butchered the story to shit.

Read the books, then, if you want to download the movies (they're not worth the money).

Maybe the next ones won't be cut to crap like these have.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Movies are crap compared to the books.
Especially the newest movie (The Order of the Phoenix), as they completely butchered the story to shit.

Read the books, then, if you want to download the movies (they're not worth the money).

Maybe the next ones won't be cut to crap like these have.

uhhh the movies are just fine. They have to cut out a lot because no one want sot sit through a 10-hour adaptation on a 700-page book.

Is someone just bitter because the wizarding world doesn't like rap?
tongue.gif
I kid, I kid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all