Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie delayed

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, movies are really bad..Only thing good about them are visual effects, but plot, acting, characters, poorly or in best cases mediocre, done..
But the book is great....

I think if they could transfer Lord of the Rings from boot to screen so good, they could have done the same with Harry Potter, but they messed it up.......Maybe if Nolan decides to do it...
laugh.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
QUOTE said:
"...not expected to affect the final two movies in the series, based on J.K. Rowling's final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,"

Did no one else catch this? They're doing TWO MOVIES for the last book?! Jesus Christ. HBP is probably going to be four hours long at this rate.

The splitting of the final book was announced quite some time ago.

And I don't see the big deal people have with the leaving out details in the movies. #5 was cut a little short, but #4 was fine. I mean, the ball chapter in the book was humongous and could have easily been removed from the book and no one would have noticed. Book 4 was bloated to start with.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Diablo1123 said:
Gave up watching the money long ago. Read the books, whats the difference except they leave alot of stuff out, and having to pay more to watch it again.

And bigger download size.

When it comes to fantasy of any subgenre I am of the opinion there are far better examples. However the films provide(d) an amusing distraction so while I am not torn up about it I would have liked something to kick to another screen while I am doing work. Maybe I will find an audiobook.

Toni Plutonij said:
Yeah, movies are really bad..Only thing good about them are visual effects, but plot, acting, characters, poorly or in best cases mediocre, done..
But the book is great....

I think if they could transfer Lord of the Rings from boot to screen so good, they could have done the same with Harry Potter, but they messed it up.......Maybe if Nolan decides to do it...
laugh.gif

No real reason for quoting other that I thought Lord of the Rings was awful (I am going to go for even worse than the matrix sequels), then again I do not care for the books.

QUOTE(Rayder @ Aug 15 2008, 09:30 PM)
I'll tell ya though, if I had all that magical ability I certainly wouldn't be a good guy.

My reply to that will fall somewhere between "true that" and with what I know about physics.......

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
Doomsday Forte said:
QUOTE said:
"...not expected to affect the final two movies in the series, based on J.K. Rowling's final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,"

Did no one else catch this? They're doing TWO MOVIES for the last book?! Jesus Christ. HBP is probably going to be four hours long at this rate.

The splitting of the final book was announced quite some time ago.

And I don't see the big deal people have with the leaving out details in the movies. #5 was cut a little short, but #4 was fine. I mean, the ball chapter in the book was humongous and could have easily been removed from the book and no one would have noticed. Book 4 was bloated to start with.
Oh, I just heard about this from a HP-fan in my family, so I was in the dark here, sorry.
happy.gif
; But really, two movies? I understand there's a lot in the book as I've read it and the whole series myself, so the first film is going to be the hunt for the Deadly Hallows thing or whatever, and the second will be the showdown with Voldemort. I wonder what HP"8" is going to be called.

The Battle to End All Battles. No, how about, The Magi War. Whoo, FF6 tie-in!

Material has always been cut out of the books or just given a completely different spin; it's been that way since the beginning of time before books and film were invented oddly enough. They do this as part of a contract with schoolteachers so that students cannot watch the film and successfully complete a test over the book, you see. =P

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
I heard a while back that it would be delayed in respect to that kid who acted in it who got stabbed.
Now that would be a good reason. Considering it was all over the news and how teenage violence is a key topic in the UK at the moment I think if that was the reason theyd've said something by now, rather than spouting all that "we want a summer blockbuster" rubbish. Then again we all know the media play with things, maybe they left that part out? Who knows.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I really don't care about harry potter. Yes, the first books were OK... then JK got all "oh look at me, I'm famous and rich for writing stupid books! Let me sell out to every company in existance! And now I'll rush the other books!"
FOR GODS SAKE, SHE RUSHED THE LAST THREE BOOKS. AND NOW THAT THE SPOTLIGHTS GONE OFF HER, SHE WENT AND STARTED WRITING A SPIN-OFF SERIES! (TBR)
Theres also the movies, the first... cheesy... the sacond... cheesy too... third... slightly better....
Harry Potter is for really little kids to make them think that magic exists.

That is all. As for the summer release... hopefully the decent films will crush JK's OK but rushed book.

They'd better have made the last couple of movies good...
(please excuse my hate for harry potter)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they did it because the film simply wasn't finished (due to the long writer's strike), then I'm fine with it. But if this is solely for greed, then fuck WB.

However, my opinion is that the strike delayed the film to Q1~2 of 2009. Then the execs decided, "Hell, if it's gonna be late anyways we might as well release it during the summer for more $$$."

All I can say is that the new Beadle the Bard book better not be delayed too.

Edit: A word from WB's president, Alan Horn. He said that due to the Dark Knight's spectacular success, they are hoping that HBP will be a huge summer blockbuster as well so they are delaying it.

QUOTE said:
"We would never do anything to hurt one of the movies or the series. We love our fans." -Alan Horn
BOOOSHIT!

Source: http://www.mugglenet.com/

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that the film was almost done, it should be if it was initially planned for November. I am not going to spend the kind of money they are asking to see a half assed film if that is the case. If they are going to extend release time, then they better make the movie longer and better, not keep fans in the dark for 8 months by holding the movie back just cause they want it released in the summer. Who really cares when it gets released? It will be insanely successful regardless of wuen during the year it comes out based on the popularity of the Harry Potter franchise alone.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really don't see what all the fuss is about Harry Potter. I'm in the intended age bracket, or at least I believe I am. There are so many better fantasy books and series out there. People write thesises on Lord of the Rings, for gods sakes. Lord of the Rings was first published in 1954 and 1955, and ever since it was first published has been one of the most influential and greatest fantasy series ever written. Compared to that, Harry Potter is some snot-nosed kid. Shame about the movie though. I do like Harry Potter, but I think it's meant to be a stepping stone into the world of real fantasy.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Private|Parts said:
I really don't see what all the fuss is about Harry Potter. I'm in the intended age bracket, or at least I believe I am. There are so many better fantasy books and series out there. People write thesises on Lord of the Rings, for gods sakes. Lord of the Rings was first published in 1954 and 1955, and ever since it was first published has been one of the most influential and greatest fantasy series ever written. Compared to that, Harry Potter is some snot-nosed kid. Shame about the movie though. I do like Harry Potter, but I think it's meant to be a stepping stone into the world of real fantasy.

While I agree that LoTR is infinitely better than Harry Potter, what do you do when you finish reading all of the LoTR books and watching all the movies? Read/watch them again, or read/watch something else, such as Harry Potter?

I'd choose the latter, because I don't like reading something more than once within a few years, and don't like watching most things more than once within about a year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: