Not open for further replies.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
101412-harold-campings-follower-holding-the-doomsday-banner.jpg

As the final few minutes of Harold Camping's May 21 Doomsday prophecy pass without any incident, supporters and believers across the world finally realize that it was nothing but yet another failed prediction.

Critics and atheists across the world both mock and celebrate as the Oakland preacher's prediction of the world's end proved to be a dud.

Earlier, Harold insisted that a destructive earthquake pulverizing different corners of the world will cause its destruction at around 6 P.M. local time.

Camping parted ways with the conservative, evangelical Christian Reformed Church into which he was born. After his retirement in 1958, he continued to serve as the unpaid president of Family Radio which he helped to start with other individuals of Christian Reformed, Bible Baptist, and Conservative Christian Presbyterian

The radio station broadcasts traditional Christian Gospel to the conservative Protestant community and minister to the general public.

This was not the first prediction of Camping regarding the Second Coming of Jesus Christ that failed. Like his previous prophecy, his current date is also based on his reading of the Bible and a timeline dating back to ancient events including the Biblical flood survived by Noah.

Some believe that setting up of such dates is more about money and less about real faith. Many supporters are investing millions of dollars to spread the message across the world.[/p]

Sauce (It's Too Hot)

Source 2 (Same Site, More Details)

I wonder what his next prediction will be, 2015? 21st June 2011?? Lol.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
101412-harold-campings-follower-holding-the-doomsday-banner.jpg

That poster pretty much says it all. "The Bible Guarantees It" ffs. These people do more damage to religion than Dawkins, Hitchens and Harris combined could ever wish to.

Some believe that setting up of such dates is more about money and less about real faith. Many supporters are investing millions of dollars to spread the message across the world.[/p]

Never thought of this one. I always assumed ill-educated nutjobs, but confidence tricksters preying on peoples strongly held beliefs seems much more plausible.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I guess there were believers in the temp, no post yet
rolleyes.gif

I can't wait to see this fails reply to his failure.

Z

Zorua

Why do I have a feeling that 21st December 2012 is going to be just a normal day?
ninja.gif

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
As far as I know no-one was taken by The Rapture from any of our local churches but as yesterday was just Judgement Day and the real end of the world is the 21st October (according to Camping) he could still be proved right (just not pious enough to be chosen by The Rapture) especially as Iceland has started erupting again.

Boy it's hard to get sarcasm across when you're just typing (Iceland does have another volcano erupting though).

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
See the people in the first post pic? Those are the fools that believed in this lol. And yes guys, 2012 is also fake, there is a prediction by Sir Isaac Newton that the world will not end before 2060, he doesn't specify when it ends, but says its NOT before 2060. Who are you gonna believe? A load of rubbish 2012 is. I don't believe in Sir Isaac Newton either but I hope he's correct, which he might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1