Harold Camping ‘Flabbergasted’ The World Did Not End

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
[youtube]tsN50hB8x_M[/youtube]​

Harold Camping speaks! The 89-year-old Nostradamus from Northern California, who spent millions of his followers' dollars to get out the word that the world was ending on Saturday, has been noticeably silent since that day came and went rather unremarkably. But he's at last ready to talk — and oy, what a weekend. Don't get him started.

Appearing at his front door, sfgate.com reports, Camping told the crowd of journalists and angry followers that "it has been a really tough weekend."

There was Camping, "flabbergasted" in Alameda, wearing tan slacks, a tucked-in polo shirt and a light jacket. [...]

"I'm looking for answers," Camping said, adding that meant frequent prayer and consultations with friends.

"But now I have nothing else to say," he said, closing the door to his home. "I'll be back to work Monday and will say more then."

Sure, easy for him to say! What about poor Robert Fitzpatrick, the former MTA employee we told you about earlier, who spent his savings on doomsday subway ads and billboards. Here's video of him being accosted by an angry mob in Times Square. Downside: No apocalypse. Upside: Jersey Boys is half-off at the TKTS booth![/p]

Source

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad thing is he thinks he follows his religion but his own book says no one will know when the world ends I'm sure that includes him lol

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm flabbergasted by this stupidity.

Or maybe he's just fooling the believers and laughing up his sleeve the whole time. Yes, I hope it's this.

D

Deleted_171835

[*]Harold Camping is an idiot[*]People who believed in the doomsday theory and donated to him are idiots

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SoulSnatcher said:
[*]People who believed in the doomsday theory and donated to him are idiots
[/list]
best scam eva!
smileipb2.png

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol what does Harold Camping care if he was wrong or not? He's 89 years old, if people hate him for a short while it's fine in his eyes because his lifespan isn't very long as it is. He probably took all of the money donated spent 75% of it on advertising this nonsense and gave the rest to his family.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
What an idiot..

Although, that reporter went really hard on him you know.. No need to fuckin yell like that reporter
Maybe the reporter thought he was somewhat deaf he is 89 you know lol

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't think I could have safely talked to the guy, I can just picture someone that dumb sucking the IQ right out of my head like some sort of intellect sucking vacuum cleaner.

Bit sad though, damn I have to pay off my Visa bill after all.

On the plus side though, I get to move forward on my plans to build a model train layout this summer.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
DarkLG said:
boktor666 said:
What an idiot..

Although, that reporter went really hard on him you know.. No need to fuckin yell like that reporter
Maybe the reporter thought he was somewhat deaf he is 89 you know lol
I'm flabbergasted that you didn't read the article.

And I'm flabbergasted that people actually believed in this in the first place.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What annoys me is that, this nut makes normal Christians like myself look like complete idiots. Because if you actually read the Bible it clearly states that no man knows the time or the date of his return ("His" of course is referring to Jesus Christ) So knowing that its like how can this guy even gain soo much publicity when he is clearly wrong.

Sorry Had to get that off my chest. I hate that now I'm getting looked down on because of this guy.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The god of the bible is a two bit hack amateur.

Read up on the Permian extinction sometime to see how Mother Nature handles wiping out all life on the planet.

Jesus is not only not coming back, but if he did, l'd lose any respect I might have had for him.

If you want to be worried, try reading up on Yellowstone, Cascadia and the Canary Islands. Of course, if you live in Australia, don't bother fretting, nothing ever happens there.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
purechaos996 said:
What annoys me is that, this nut makes normal Christians like myself look like complete idiots. Because if you actually read the Bible it clearly states that no man knows the time or the date of his return ("His" of course is referring to Jesus Christ) So knowing that its like how can this guy even gain soo much publicity when he is clearly wrong.

Sorry Had to get that off my chest. I hate that now I'm getting looked down on because of this guy.
This. I honestly believe it's gonna happen when people least expect it. Life will be good, there will be relative peace around the world, and people won't even be thinking about the end of the world, He did say He'd come like a thief in the night and like you said He also said no man knows the time of His coming. I also believe the Good News is supposed to be heard by every nation before He comes again. If He came before that wouldn't be really fair to those that weren't reached with His message. And actually, if you really dig into it (the Youth Group I help out with at my church just finished a long treck through Revelation) there are a few other things that need to happen first. While most of them have already happened, there is one thing left if I remember correctly. The temple in Jerusalem needs to be rebuilt, and that ain't happening any time soon.

Also, funny comic I saw related to the topic.

@CatBoy: It seems like a 5-10 year or so cycle. 2000 was Y2K, 2011/2012 is a combination rapture/Mayan calendar. It's the wack jobs figuring it's been long enough, most people probably forgot the last time I can pull something now and have some fun. I was just getting out of diapers in 1990 so I don't know what was going on then, but I've heard mention of something going on in 95 or around there that was supposed to be the end of the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse