Harmonix, Disney Team Up For Fantasia: Music Evolved

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Harmonix is kind of a big deal in the music gaming scene. They're the team that created the Guitar Hero franchise before moving on to Rock Band and Dance Central. If you've enjoyed any sort of music game in the last decade or so, you probably owe them a big thank you.

Disney is... um, duh. Do I really have to recap Disney here? I think you guys get it.

What do you get when you put them together? Well...

[​IMG] GameTrailers

Sadly, Fantasia is not my imagined fantasy land where rivers flow with delicious, delicious Fanta. Maybe next time...

Anyway, the game sounds like it will be Kinect controlled (What with the talk of "gesture-based gameplay") and will feature music from artists like... Maroon 5, Fun., and Kimbra. Oh yeah, because when I think of Fantasia, Maroon 5 is the first thing that comes to mind. 10/10 would license again.

So, first Halo: Combat Evolved, then Fantasia: Music Evolved. What next, Madden: Football Evolved? Actually, scratch that joke, that's probably happening. You heard it here first, folks.

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Sounded like a great concept, then you see the music involved and wonder why it isn't a Dance Central game or something

3. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    This will never be good as Rhythm Heaven Fever.
    looks good though.

4. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    All I see is another gimicky Kinect game with a Disney logo slapped onto it.

Heck, even the Fantasia logo is just slapped on.

Ergo likes this.