Not open for further replies.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, remember when the Guitar Hero franchise imploded and Viacom decided it was done with Rock Band developer Harmonix? It was, effectively, the end of the "plastic instrument based game" craze. Harmonix has kept itself going with the Dance Central series for the Kinect, but minus some token support, it looked like they were done with their signature franchise.

Until today, that is.

Cambridge-based Harmonix today announced the release of its latest title in the Rock Band franchise, Rock Band Blitz.

The new game, available this summer on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network, will dispense with plastic instruments. Gamers will play Blitz using only a controller.
Source: Boston Herald

It goes on to mention that instead of focusing on "musical authenticity and performance simulation," it's more of an arcade game. While the game will only ship with 25 new songs, it will be compatible with the entire Rock Band library (which is over 3700 songs, for those keeping track). The game is also supposed to be more of a single player experience, which kind of defeats the big selling point of the franchise (pretending to be rockstars with friends/strangers you picked off the street), but whatever.

Harmonix unveiled this news on G4's X-Play. Now I know, it's X-Play, but the segment does feature some gameplay footage, along with an interview that goes into a little bit more detail into what the game is and how it works. You can view it here if you're interested.

So, what do you think? Will this be a resounding and influential success like the Rolling Stones, or should Harmonix have just quit while they were ahead instead of dragging the inevitable out and embarrassing themselves... like the Rolling Stones?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see...

tumblr_m091d7JSPL1qd58j4o1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..... no Wii release? The system I have 500+ songs for?

No buy.

EDIT: Looks TERRIBLE anyway.
[yt]3MeUvHz1rZc[/yt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1