Homebrew HarmoKnight launching homebrew?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunatly, I think it's just menuhax. I have tested the save and all is ok, no exploit. So please, don't wait anything for now...
I agree with that, but a flaw must have caused menuhax to boot. so with a modified save, maybe something like OoTHax could be made?
(then again you could use that logic for any game :P)

But for how long~
As long as it stays on the Eshop... Eshop only game XD

Reactions: dronesplitter

reshiramiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I don't think that I can install menuhax, because I changed some files so I could autoboot rxTools by holding a button, and I don't really know how to change them back... I'll look at the tutorial again and see what I can do to reverse this.

Last edited by reshiramiri,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I seen in the video, the game is supposed to crash into the HOME Menu with an error message, but with menuhax installed, it boots that instead.

reshiramiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I uninstalled menuhax and played the level again, and at the same part, the game freezes, but instead it kicks me back to the home menu giving me the error "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data will be lost.)"

CloudCocopuffs

3DS Homebrew Enthusiast
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone listen, this isn't uncommon, and in order to even run an exploit like this we would need menuhax installed pre-gameplay.
(Deeming the bug useless) I request this thread is closed, it has no use other than the finding of a bug.

reshiramiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone listen, this isn't uncommon, and in order to even run an exploit like this we would need menuhax installed pre-gameplay.
(Deeming the bug useless) I request this thread is closed, it has no use other than the finding of a bug.
menuhax was installed before I played this game.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not ever crash is useful, but it doesnt hurt to look into it? If this can be used as an entrypoint that would be cool, but they would most likely kill it off with the update or no play type of thing they did with ironfall

Dev5359

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've experienced this crash on 2-3 in Harmonight also. I can't progress in the game any further because it crashes every time I load up the cart level. It's not booting menuhax, it's resetting the 3ds home menu causing your preinstalled menuhax to trigger. Also, I downloaded the .CIA from the same chaos website. It must just be a corrupted file since it happens on the same level for everyone who uses it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol