Hacking hardware/sofeware help

anwa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story:

I got my R4 Revolution like 2-3 years back. the system file on the microSD has a 2007 date. =P

Lately, I got a bunch of ROM for the latest game, and it start giving me errors like data file not found, etc. So I decided to do a few google searches and see what I can do about it. (this is how I find this forum btw.)

lord and behold, I read instructions like upgrading to 1.18 (I have no clue what version I am on to begin with), downloading the cheats, etc. But upon turning on my NDS, the R4 tells me something like the hardware isnt compatible with the sofeware in chinese.

Question: How do I find out what I actually bought a few years back. and determine the correct way to fix the problem at hand, so I can play the games I gotten recently?

Thanks for any help. and sorry for the very open ended question.

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What tedmg09130913 is trying to say; the r4ds team is disbanded. One of the reasons was because all the fakes/clones so the last firmware version is allready 1 year old. Wich means the 'newer' games wont work on it. You can try YSMenu instead as its a firmware replacement for your card. YSMenu is getting updates wich means those games work on the r4. If you whant to use the official firmware with the newer games you have to manually Arm7 patch them.

Hope that made some things clear.

-Eternity

Posts merged

What tedmg09130913 is trying to say; the r4ds team is disbanded. One of the reasons was because all the fakes/clones so the last firmware version is allready 1 year old. Wich means the 'newer' games wont work on it. You can try YSMenu instead as its a firmware replacement for your card. YSMenu is getting updates wich means those games work on the r4. If you whant to use the official firmware with the newer games you have to manually Arm7 patch them.

Hope that made some things clear.

-Eternity

anwa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wohoooo!! work like a charm. tks for the link!! and tks to the person who made the batch file. =)

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Glad to hear you fixed it, you just revived your r4ds
wink.gif

-Eternity

Speelectronics.n

Trophies
XP
Country