Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would only allow exploits that were patched by the newer revision to work again (like mch2) and while the overall concept is unpatchable, it is possible for them to make it impossible for us to reach a workable firmware version by making a new kernel version release.

Can send the firm files that are needed? I was basing this off of Raugo's original post.

Last edited by Plailect,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really the only reason we can downgrade native_firm like this in the first place without bricking the console is because the kernel/firm check only checks major/minor versions, not the revision. So we can go from 2.50-11 (10.4) all the way down to 2.50-1 (9.6), but not to 2.49-0 (9.5).

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really the only reason we can downgrade native_firm like this in the first place without bricking the console is because the kernel/firm check only checks major/minor versions, not the revision. So we can go from 2.50-11 (10.4) all the way down to 2.50-1 (9.6), but not to 2.49-0 (9.5).
Actually nevermind, I found his other posts. I'll decrypt them myself.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is because if we downgrade the firm to 2.49-0, suddenly all of the system titles that are checking for a 2.50 firm will not load.

Now all we need is to find a kernal exploit... which at the most will take a year.

No, we do not need a kernel exploit to use this. You need a physical modification made to the circuit board of your 3ds, and access to a 3ds on 9.2 or lower to decrypt some files.

Another kernel exploit would make this entire process useless. An arm11 exploit would allow downgrading just like we had ith mch2 and an arm9 exploit would allow cfw without downgrading.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you acheive this without a hardmod?

jk. I'll read your instructions when they're done being under revision and then make a video tutorial (after i get enough money to buy another 3ds).

So, after we get to 10.2 from 10.4/10.5, we can use sysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2?[/spoiler

Reactions: Guy50570

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you acheive this without a hardmod?

jk. I'll read your instructions when they're done being under revision and then make a video tutorial (after i get enough money to buy another 3ds).

So, after we get to 10.2 from 10.4/10.5, we can use sysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2?[/spoiler
Next page dammit!

fuducker81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I already know that this needs a hardmod. I sacrified my ds to find out if this would work, as in a previous thread I was the one who instigated all this madness. What I'm saying is that we would need to find an exploit to write to the nand so the general mass could use this, or a variation of it.

yeah, arm11 exploit. sorry for my wording ;P I'm new to the software scheme of things.

A video tutorial would help a lot of people, even if they have a proper understanding and/or have a general idea. Most guides are interpreted in an odd way for most people, including me. A video would display the steps in a way that is universal.

Last edited by fuducker81,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
A software exploit that could allow writing/reading from nand will always need Arm11 Kernel access as a minimum requirement (and most likely Arm9 access too). If Am11 exploit is found again, we wouldn't need to do this anyway cause then you can just downgrade with sysupdater straight away. A hardmod will always be needed for this kind of update for a firmware that has no Arm11 access.

Reactions: Deleted User

fuducker81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, okay. Didn't understand how sysupdater worked with directly downgrading. Thanks.

When would someone gain direct arm9 or arm11 access? Would certain 3ds games need direct access? If so, couldn't we inject said games and hijack from there, just like the good old ps2 days with elfloader and such?

Last edited by fuducker81,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over