Hardest job you've done?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Advice.... if you are doing manual labour or lifting of things definitely learn how to lift properly (although "lift with your knees" is the short version there is a tiny bit more to it than that), try to keep warmed up, definitely keep fluids in you and do nothing risky to your back whatsoever- if something risks your back you are doing it wrong. The second would be do nothing risky to your hands but that is general life advice in the modern world... the amount of people I see riding motorbikes without proper gloves or indeed any at all.

Yeah, I stack about 700 planks of wood a day. Back is no problem, I've learned to throw properly within a couple hours. But my left hand is hurting, I doubt its carpal tunnel from 2 days work, it's probably just hurting because I havent used those types of muscles before.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving furniture is hard physically, learning to program is hard mentally.

I lived on a farm until I was 14, it wasn't like work though, it was fun with all the animals.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I designed and built (practically by myself -.-) a little gazebo type addition to our house for my mother. Other than that I haven't really done too much physical work. I used to bail hay when I was 13-15 and that was a bitch. Never really got paid for it, either, but I got to see a hot ass girl from next door nearly everyday so meh.

I'd say the hardest job I'd ever have to do involves dealing with stupid people. If you couldn't tell, I can't stand them in the least bit and generally don't have very good patience when it comes to helping them (unless they just sit there and accept everything I say, that's nice).

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I built a treehouse once for my friend. He didn't help me. He paid me almost $500 though; so that was good.
My actual job was was hard though. Worked in an actual factory where they made desks.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The hardest job I've done is work at an ice cream place where idiotic people come to.

Them: "And get me some bacon cheeseburger ice cream."
Me: "I'm sorry? Bacon cheeseburger?"
Them: "Yeah. I need something warm to go with my ice cream."
Me: "We don't sell bacon cheeseburger ice cream, nor is anything you're going to buy here warm."
Them: "Then make it. I'll wait."
Me: "I'm not in charge of making the ice cream, sir, nor do we have the ingredients for that kind of ice cream."
Them: "I said make it. I'll wait."
-Two hours later-
Manager: "You refused to serve a customer, I hear."
Me: "We don't have bacon cheeseburger ice cream, nor do we have warm ice cream."
Manager: "Go in the back and get the man some. He's waited long enough."

And that's why I quit my job at an ice cream parlor.

This definetly made my day.

I work at Vodafone, so I sell phones and what not all day.
Anyways, So I get this guy who comes in and he wants a plan to get Internet data on his phone...
After I explain it to him (which took about 20 minutes... My god)
He goes like this, "......So, Is 1GB of data going to be long enough to reach my house?"
/facepalm.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hardest job I've done is work at an ice cream place where idiotic people come to.

Them: "And get me some bacon cheeseburger ice cream."
Me: "I'm sorry? Bacon cheeseburger?"
Them: "Yeah. I need something warm to go with my ice cream."
Me: "We don't sell bacon cheeseburger ice cream, nor is anything you're going to buy here warm."
Them: "Then make it. I'll wait."
Me: "I'm not in charge of making the ice cream, sir, nor do we have the ingredients for that kind of ice cream."
Them: "I said make it. I'll wait."
-Two hours later-
Manager: "You refused to serve a customer, I hear."
Me: "We don't have bacon cheeseburger ice cream, nor do we have warm ice cream."
Manager: "Go in the back and get the man some. He's waited long enough."

And that's why I quit my job at an ice cream parlor.

This definetly made my day.

I work at Vodafone, so I sell phones and what not all day.
Anyways, So I get this guy who comes in and he wants a plan to get Internet data on his phone...
After I explain it to him (which took about 20 minutes... My god)
He goes like this, "......So, Is 1GB of data going to be long enough to reach my house?"
/facepalm.

"Sir, 1GB of data is only going to be able to reach your house three times. For the best efficiency, I really recommend you upgrade to the 2GB data plan, as the internet moves faster and can much more easily reach your house. You should have no limit with how often you can use it then because it is vastly more efficient."

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Physical work, I would have to say doing engineering on houses in the summer. Engineering being a fancy word for putting scab braces and hurricane straps in the attic of the houses that where being built. It was so hot sometimes I would look down below where I was working there would be a puddle on the floor of my own sweat. At least the positive placement gun made the job kind of fun :)

As for mental hard work I would have to say doing tech support for one of the largest PC makers on the planet, some days I would go home with a headache.... I swear to God some people are so stupid they should not own a computer.

Spiritually hard I would have to say doing tech support for a penny auction site, and having to lie to customers on a daily basis. I was almost happy when the company had its merchant account pulled. Sure I was out of a job but thankfully I don't have to tell anyone "No no mam its not a scam..." when I knew damn well it was.

I love the "stupid" people that don't know much about computers. I work for an IT company that services hundreds of companies. You can fix those problems in minutes, and the customers always think you're the smartest man on the entire planet.

Complicated problems that you can't google when you get into the more advanced IT world are what drives me insane. And then you try to explain to the client what's going on after they demand, when they can't understand the first word you're saying due to the specifics and how advanced stuff is.

Reactions: 2 people

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Physical work, I would have to say doing engineering on houses in the summer. Engineering being a fancy word for putting scab braces and hurricane straps in the attic of the houses that where being built. It was so hot sometimes I would look down below where I was working there would be a puddle on the floor of my own sweat. At least the positive placement gun made the job kind of fun :)

As for mental hard work I would have to say doing tech support for one of the largest PC makers on the planet, some days I would go home with a headache.... I swear to God some people are so stupid they should not own a computer.

Spiritually hard I would have to say doing tech support for a penny auction site, and having to lie to customers on a daily basis. I was almost happy when the company had its merchant account pulled. Sure I was out of a job but thankfully I don't have to tell anyone "No no mam its not a scam..." when I knew damn well it was.

I love the "stupid" people that don't know much about computers. I work for an IT company that services hundreds of companies. You can fix those problems in minutes, and the customers always think you're the smartest man on the entire planet.

Complicated problems that you can't google when you get into the more advanced IT world are what drives me insane. And then you try to explain to the client what's going on after they demand, when they can't understand the first word you're saying due to the specifics and how advanced stuff is.

One of my favorite calls was from a man who had bought a new computer and pried the plastic cover off the mother boards VGA port.... So he could connect his monitor to the computer then proceeded to call tech support because he couldn't "get no picture" the company I worked for in its infinite wisdom used these cool plastic covers that are almost impossible to remove so when connecting everything all you have to do is match the colors and it should be impossible to mess up. Had the guy just connected it to his PCIe card he would have been fine. Only took a minute to get him sorted out and on his way but the effort he put into connecting it wrong in the first place made me laugh my ass off, of course only after the customer was off the phone I would never make some one feel stupid or bad over the phone, I always lied and said "I have done the same thing before its how we learn!" or something along those lines.

I have a million funny phone calls that I worked doing tech support, some of my favorite memories.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a landscaping job for a church in the summer. There was no shade and it was around some new BLACK pavement so it was very hot.
On top of that, I was bitten so many times by ants.
It sucked.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does trying to Kill bed bugs once and for all count, we still can't crush the ass holes! we gave them and eviction notice months ago but they insist on staying :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs