Hardest game you've ever played?

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Golfman560 said:
Animal Crossing, I just couldn't find a way to be the final boss. And Tom Nook kept ripping me off every time I went to buy weapon upgrades.

I totally agree its damn hard, maby you need some haxx ^^,
smileipb2.png

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sparky28000 said:
Golfman560 said:
Animal Crossing, I just couldn't find a way to be the final boss. And Tom Nook kept ripping me off every time I went to buy weapon upgrades.

I totally agree its damn hard, maby you need some haxx ^^,
smileipb2.png
I couldnt even get to the end game boss? Where is he? How do I get to him?

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tbh its a rl game harvest moon i think i yust suck at rl games (never got maried nobody liked me etc. xD)(dont like action game only some fps's but they arent hard)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
faxanadu for the NES

weirdly enough the EU version had only english language and that to a time where not everyone could speak english like now oO
so as a kid i really never understood whats going on and like 2 years ago i tried again ... well wasn't as hard as before but still couldn't get to far, my chara allways died in front of me

Castlevania for NES (dunno if there were more than one ... i only played the one with the giant bat as first boss oO)
rarely ever beat the first boss ...

Ghostbusters C64
well its rather simple but still i could never really survive long ... i could never prevent the marshmellon ghost to show up ;(

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
Jaems said:
Ghosts 'n Goblins for the NES. Fuck that game.

Every incarnation of Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls 'n Ghosts etc ever. Even the PSP version is a nightmare. Fun, but tougher than me.
Yeah, but at least in the SNES and PSP versions, you can see WTF you are doing, whereas in the NES version, it's just a damn shitstorm of pixels flying at you every second.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so firstly +1 to Ghosts N Goblins / Ghouls N Ghosts.

Also, +1 to Battletoads. The number of times i'm flipped shit on that game... *RAGE*

I've been wracking my brain trying to think of THAT game. Ya know, the one that sticks out as a hard game.
I think it was a SuperNES game- Spiderman: Separation Anxiety. If not that one, then another Venom-based SNES spiderman game. I flipped shit on that one. It was a rental, and i returned it that night for another game.

OH! And Trojan, for the NES. So many pissed off evenings with that game...

I can tell you the problem with modern games (in terms of easy/hard)- Control is a MAJOR issue with a lot of games. As they get more in-depth, they need to change how controls work. And in 3d, there's camera control, which usually sucks anyway, so there's a whole separate set of controls needed to be taken into consideration. If they ramp up the difficulty, and the controls are mediocre, that's more irritating than "impossibly" hard games of old.

Side note: So whats the hardest game you've completed? I mean, you can play ANY game, and any number of things could make it too hard to beat level-4, then it's just set aside.

In which game have you trudged through, dying over and over again, cursing up a storm, to find the end-boss and watch those stunning end credits?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe it or not, I can actually handle Contra games pretty well even without using codes. At least, I can get pretty deep into the game without dying too much. Weird.

No, my hardest game ever was Super Ghouls n' Ghosts. Either the SNES or GBA version. I don't even mind the Genesis game as much, but the farthest I've ever gotten for the SNES game was the second level. Have mercy, hardest game ever for me!

I refuse to use cheats (unless there's some sort of inherent glitch or enormous flaw that prevents you from continuing at all no matter how skilled you are) or savestates (unless I HAVE to leave the game for some reason). Maybe that's why the game gives me such a troublesome time.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
modern games, hardest would probably be Monster hunter. i don't think any game within the last few years has given me so much frustration.

as for old games, ghosts and goblins probably

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same as the rest of you guys; GHOST 'N GOBLINS.

Never got past level three on my GBC. I have a version of it on my cell, and with infinite continues, the game is still ridiculously hard (that or playing with touchscreen buttons just suck).

Yeah.. modern games are that much easier... Resident Evil 4 and 5 are way easier than the original. But REmake is rather hard though... reanimated bodies that you kill once, but then they reanimate AGAIN to fuck you over? (dead zombies that come back to life?!?!?)

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
For me it was Fantastic Dizzy for the sega gamegear, its a rpg with no saves and 3 lives or so. There's also close to no lives in the whole game, and almost everything takes one away. And you have no weapons.

Megaman Zero series for the gba had a nice difficulty, and I deeply enjoyed Devil May Cry 1 in the hardest difficulty (Dante Must Die). It was hard but the controls were awesome and thus the game was masterable.

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
The hardest game I've ever played would be Double Dragon 3 on the NES.
You only get one life for the entire game, and the enemies keep gang raping you which drains the energy bar very fast.

Have to agree with this one, even though you had extra characters join you as you got further into the game which helped a bit, I still don't think I ever completed it.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For me it was either Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 for the NES, or Castlevania for the NES.

Those games can kiss my ass... I still havent beat either one to this day.
frown.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Battletoads,the 3rd level pissed me off countless times(but years ago I did beat it).....also one game I was never good at and probaly never will be is fridaythe13th on the nes....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1