Gaming Harddrive keeps reloading, making the game show "reading disc" message or freeze for a minute.

KentaZX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay just recently, I was playing a game from my harddrive, and all the sudden, sometimes it either shows the "reading disc" message, or freezes for a bit. at first i thought it only happen to me on one game, so I figured it was just a bad rip or it became bad recently. However that doesn't seem to be the case, since other games are having this problem....

Also I've noticed when this problem occurs, I see the harddrive going on like it was resetting for some reason...idk if thats like going to sleep mode, or just the idle time is too short or whatever is making it happen...but im hoping someone can help me out.

Im using an internal WD drive that installed in an external enclosure.. so idk what app would work on it.

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay just recently, I was playing a game from my harddrive, and all the sudden, sometimes it either shows the "reading disc" message, or freezes for a bit. at first i thought it only happen to me on one game, so I figured it was just a bad rip or it became bad recently. However that doesn't seem to be the case, since other games are having this problem....

Also I've noticed when this problem occurs, I see the harddrive going on like it was resetting for some reason...idk if thats like going to sleep mode, or just the idle time is too short or whatever is making it happen...but im hoping someone can help me out.

Im using an internal WD drive that installed in an external enclosure.. so idk what app would work on it.
It's like the spin up timers are lagging.
Sadly not much you can do the drive is not taking the work from the wii too well.
My drive has a high quality controller with it's own 128MB cache.
From my previous work on psp and android devices i know it helps to have a good drive controller and a quality drive.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.5" (laptop) or 3.5" (desktop) hard drive?

Your cable could be on its way out. Try picking up a new cable for it. Is it USB B (printer cable) or Mini USB B (standard Mini USB cable)? I'd recommend something < 3 feet in length, something like this or this respectively (You might have somewhere better suited, shipping wise, for your location in Canada. This is my preferred website to buy cables from in the US though, and their quality is pretty good)

Best to rule out the cheapest option first. No sense in buying a new hard drive or enclosure just to find out that your cable was bad.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

This started to happen to me after I accidentally dropped the HDD onto my bed without thinking.
Even getting it to be detected when I wanted to load a game took a few tries.
A couple months later, the drive died.

I suggest backing up your data now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr