OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
the harddisk i have .....died . a friend of me put it on the table and i stepped on the cable and it fall.
but now when i put it in the computer it starts up and hear that the disk make sound , and also the
sound of the usb when it got connected , but i do not see it in the computer sektion.
unsure.gif

what can i do

ps i don't have garanty

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
hanfhase said:
there is no visibile damage it runs normally and connect but you can't see it my computer section
harddisc + falling = dead disc
Usually anyway. If you can try connecting it to a PC directly, but it probably had a headcrash and is dead beyond repair.

A dead give-away would be a tikking sound from the drive. A second possible giveaway is the system saying the device is an error / unknown. Not getting anything aside from USB recognition + your story really says to me dead drive. The casing/housing is probably okay though so you can still use that to house a new drive (get the same kind of drive though, IDE/SATA & 2.5/3.5/*"
wink.gif
).

p.s. You might want to see about that warrenty, sometimes manufacturers give out quite extensive warrenties themselves (though not so much against fall damage, it's worth a shot though). Check out the website of the manufacturer (of the disc inside).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat