Hard Super Mario Bros. [World 1 Demo!]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SavingPrivateBob, Dec 31, 2010.

1. SavingPrivateBob
    OP

SavingPrivateBob Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    Not much to say here...this is a complete World 1 hack of New Super Mario Bros. on the DS.

The levels are very similar to Nintendo's (in terms of tile-placement)...simplistic, fun, but also quite challenging.

I threw in a very difficult snow level, even though it's the grassland world. Since it's Christmas time and all...;D

Well here is a sneak preview of the first world, showing 2 levels, W1-1 and W1-A (the snow level).

Here is the patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?sxjemczu5jumu

Any problems at all, let me know!

Enjoy!

2. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Why don't you use xDelta?

3. SavingPrivateBob
    OP

SavingPrivateBob Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    It's easier for me to do it this way.

EDIT: Okay, I've included an xDelta patch.

4. SKJmin

SKJmin Alpha And Omega

May 14, 2010
    Haven't played your hack but I looked over it from the editor...

You really have to reduce the caera sprites, I'm sure they cause for trouble (end of 1-1 for sure^^)

The COIN's ID have to be changed, because 2 of them have the same ID (one will diseappear, when you collect the other one!)

1-Tower has fences, you have to change the Hex sounds (2D, when I'm not wrong)
    The fences are muted by your version (I think, because Hex 9 was just for Fire effects)

5. SavingPrivateBob
    OP

SavingPrivateBob Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the corrections, but I was already aware of all this.

Apart from the fences, I forgot I had any in my tower. It's what I get for making such a big level.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice