Hardware hard mod -> pc without reader?

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i found a video on yt from a french guy, on how to downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2, he shows pictures and his english is limited that's why i ask here instead of him, but in his video he shows a slideshow and stuff, and he shows a hardmod but then i saw something.
Here's the video:

at 19 seconds you can see his hard mod wire, but he goes from hard-mod usb -> straight to his usb port, his wire looks modified though, so i'm wondering, i always thought putting 5v 500mah on your nand wires should fry your 3ds, so did he use like a resistor or something, and if so how would i go about doing that, and why aren't guides showing that instead of getting readers which have compability issues and stuff :P this would be great?

upload_2016-12-5_3-9-6.png

Luro02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Guy has a Micro usb-Port (the One from Smartphones) !!!
PLEASE DONT CONNECT UR 3DS DIRECTLY TO THE PC !!!

I am really Not Sure why there are no Tutorials :/

Attachments

• N3DS_installation_micro_usb_nand_connector_big.jpg
    N3DS_installation_micro_usb_nand_connector_big.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 324

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i know what he has i have the same hard mod as you show on the picture but still he DOES connect to the pc directly so i wonder how he does that, i'm not asking how to get a hard mod or anything just how he's able to skip the sd reader + franken sd and connect his 3ds straight to his usb port without killing his 3ds

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The Micro USB ones are more "advanced", there aren't many people that do that IIRC, this is a bit more for people that want a better permanent solution :)

Ask one of the hardmodders to see how it works

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Micro USB ones are more "advanced", there aren't many people that do that IIRC, this is a bit more for people that want a better permanent solution :)

Ask one of the hardmodders to see how it works
that is not what i'm asking, sorry, this is my n3ds xl:
IMG_0311.JPG

as you can see i have the micro usb port, that's not the thing,
he has a usb cable that goes from his usb hard mod to his usb on his pc, this would normally not be possible because you need a franken sd + a sd reader to connect a hard mod to your pc because of 5v killing your nand, yet this french guy has a cable that goes from hard mod to his pc without killing his 3ds and working fine, so i wanted to know how he did it and asked if anyone here knows :P

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
that is not what i'm asking, sorry, this is my n3ds xl:
View attachment 71277

as you can see i have the micro usb port, that's not the thing,
he has a usb cable that goes from his usb hard mod to his usb on his pc, this would normally not be possible because you need a franken sd + a sd reader to connect a hard mod to your pc because of 5v killing your nand, yet this french guy has a cable that goes from hard mod to his pc without killing his 3ds and working fine, so i wanted to know how he did it and asked if anyone here knows :P
Oh, sorry man. I didn't understood your question correctly, it's what I get for barely sleeping lol

I can't help a lot there, I'm not good when it comes to Micro USB hard mod and stuff lol

Sorry and hope you can find a solution! :)

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, sorry man. I didn't understood your question correctly, it's what I get for barely sleeping lol

I can't help a lot there, I'm not good when it comes to Micro USB hard mod and stuff lol

Sorry and hope you can find a solution! :)
no worrys =)

Foehammer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guessing he took the brains out of a USB Micro SD reader and direct wired up the pins that would normally contact.

I'm like 99% sure that's what's hidden under the heat-shrink

Last edited by Foehammer,

OuHiroshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like he heat wrapped a tiny SD carder into the USB cable itself. Pretty cool actually.

So to OP, the guy still has the SD card reader it's built into the cable itself. You'll fry your 3DS if you connect your NAND to the computer USB port bareback.

Dennis G

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guessing he took the brains out of a USB Micro SD reader and direct wired up the pins that would normally contact.

I'm like 99% sure that's what's hidden under the heat-shrink
Look how thin the heat shrink is, no reader is that thin? I think he has a risistor under there that cuts the 5v usb to the voltage the sd reader would also have

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely solution is the internals of a SD/USB adapter have been installed in the console along with a CMOS analog switch circuit that creates a connection between the 3DS points and the adapter only when 5 volts is detected coming from the micro USB connector, otherwise the console would constantly boot to a blue screen.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its most likely that the micro sd card reader was put in the 3ds itself to make it an AIO hard mod. there was a thread here a while ago of a guy showing off this exact mod for the card reader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: