Hacking Hard drive no longer recognised

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using an 80GB hard drive, formatted to WBFS, loaded with my Wii ISO's to play games on for a while now. I recently got a 320GB drive and partitioned it in to two, and formatted half FAT32 and half WBFS. I loaded all my Wii ISO's on to the WBFS half, and copied loads of video files to the FAT32 half to use with the WiiMC Media Player. The WiiMC Media Player works fine and can find the videos, but neither of my USB Loaders will recognise the fact that a WBFS drive is plugged in to the Wii. Just keep getting errors saying no WBFS partition is found.

Any ideas? Have I done something wrong? It is ok to split a drive like this isn't it? I can't be the only one to have thought of doing it!

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just format to FAT32, that way, windows sees it, and you can put your wii games in a WBFS folder to play off of, and other folders for your apps, videos, music, etc.....and you will lose what you've got on the drive, when you format.

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, but sorry I don't understand what you're saying. If I don't format part of it to WBFS I can't load the Wii games on to the drive. I can just copy the ISOs on to the FAT32 hard drive easy enough, but apart from taking up a lot more room (since they'd be 4GB each every time) how would the USB loader (NeoGamma) on the Wii actually load them?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try using modmii's usb loader set up guide to help u set up ur HDD for optimal Wii performance

edit: usb loaders can launch ISOs or WBFS FILES off of a fat32 partition. And wbfs files take up less space than an ISO (ie. 400MBs for NSMBWii). Seriously, use ModMii's usb-loader set-up feature. It will tell u all the pro's and cons of popular set-ups, as well as help u set it up, and direct u to a good tutorial/program to help u transfer games to your hard drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt