Hacking Hard disk gameplay

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on other websites about the "WiiLoader, HD Advance and/or Wii Independence Exploit, because it allows the user to install a hard drive, and copy the contents of original game DVD discs to this hard drive. At this point you no longer require the original DVD or even a modchip to play the games from the hard drive installed into the Wii" but I can't find any other info about it.. Can you really hook up a hard disk full of Wii/GC backups and play straight from the hard drive? If it's possible I'd love to know how..

-Matthew

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Unless the Wii has built in functionality to read from HDDs, I don't see how this is possible. These seems very sketchy, at best, and is more than likely a fake, but I'd love to be wrong.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell only one website uses the phrase "Wii Independence Exploit" and I think they may be referring to that exploit on the PS2.

I think this exploit is theoretical at best for the Wii at this stage in the game. If it were anything else I'm sure there would be a news story on GBAtemp covering it. That would be huger news than the modchips.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, after looking closer at some of the statements there I believe that some of that is canned response from knowledge of other consoles current hacking state, and the rest is outdated information about the current state of Wii hacking.

QUOTE said:
Alternatively, the DuoWii and XenoWii are available.
Modchips? What are those? I haven't heard of either one...

http://www.wii-modchips.com/

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That site is a scam, using the names of ps2 exploits and gc mods to trick people into thinking the same exists for the Wii.

Can you call it a scam if they're not selling anything? I didn't see that you could buy anything from them. It might just be giving off info for what could be in store for the Wii.

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at this point the Wiinja is our only choice (until the Wiikey comes out)?

If hard disk play does come about, you can always just unsolder your modchip, right?

-Matthew

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That site is a scam, using the names of ps2 exploits and gc mods to trick people into thinking the same exists for the Wii.

Can you call it a scam if they're not selling anything? I didn't see that you could buy anything from them. It might just be giving off info for what could be in store for the Wii.

No, its not something that is as innocent as that, it is definitely deceiving people intentionally. I don't know why they would do this, but it looks like they just changes some GCN information with Wii. It still has the same information:

Removing the Nintendo Wii's external case or installing a custom replacement allows the user to boot standard 5-inch DVD-R discs as well, but the positioning of the drive's laser renders only the first 1.4GB of capacity usable.

The site is full of crap.

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The site makes money off of advertisements. Type in "wii modchip" on google and see what comes up. It's one of the first links, not only for the keywords, but also because people keep linking it on sites like this
smile.gif

(i own it btw so thank you)

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a very strange site, as are the other sites linked from it. I've came across these kinds of sites before (which are cut and pasted into website templates) and have never understood them. They don't seem to have any adverts on them either so I don't understand their purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo