frown.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
something good? like what? lol
Feels good spiritually if thats what you mean..
smile.gif

Its not just about the fasting, the whole atmosphere in an Islamic country is different during this month
smile.gif
.. Its awesome
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas! A happy Hanukkah! A krazy Kwanza! A tip-top Tet! And a solemn, dignified Ramadan.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In response to his comment: "the whole atmosphere in an Islamic country is different during this month"

I am trying to imagine somewhere like NY, only no one eats food all day long.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
heh, I just came back from NY 2 weeks ago or so.. I suggest you pick another place for imagining .. how about somewhere quiet like virginia
tongue.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My sister (who's a nurse) assures me that there is always a noticeable increase in diabetes-related hospital admissions during Ramadan.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Blood Fetish said:
Islamic countries are quiet like Virginia?
No what I meant was, Virginia is a place that a certain atmosphere could be created (somewhere around tyson's corner) because its so quiet
NY however is soooo crowded and things over there just.. pass by ..

Off topic: 4th of July celebration was a disappointment .. People seemed like "woho.. what's new.."

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas! A happy Hanukkah! A krazy Kwanza! A tip-top Tet! And a solemn, dignified Ramadan.
[title:
smileipb2.png
]
981213031b3d.jpg
Yes, I got that reference you made there.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
elixirdream said:
good memories? why is that so....
soon would be the 2nd night of fasting month!!!

Last Eid Al Fitr:
-Family Gathering. Each one of us picks a chair and sits on it. As soon as everyone sits, ALL the chairs break
rofl2.gif

-After that, we decided to go for a nice family lunch. We went to this restaurant called Planet Hollywood. It sucks. Real bad. My sandwich was like wet and oily, and they gave me the wrong sandwich. Same goes for everyone in my family, everyone got the wrong dish although we were the only ones there. (No, our dishes weren't swapped or anything they just gave us the wrong ones, oh yeah, they took literally 2 hours to get us these sandwiches. Literally 2 hours. 2 hours for the wrong food.)
-In the restaurant, my cousin's DS broke.
-He lost his favorite Bakugan, and he was like depressed.
-He also forgot that Bakugan's card in my house. Yeah well, his house is in a totally different city. We only meet like 6 times a year.

All that happened in the first day of Eid last year.
Every Eid something like that HAS to happen.
It's just hilarious.

ykhan said:
ramadan mubarak everyone
smile.gif

lool i have nothing to keep me busy at the moment so its easy to get hungry as usually ramadan is during school time and im kept busy at school
may everyones fasts be easy and accepted insha'allah

...World of Warcraft?
smile.gif

And... Same to you
wink.gif

wabsta said:
Happy ramadan, to the one's that eeeehh "celebrate" it?
Also, good luck, I know I wouldn't be able to do it..

When I lived with my mom, we had turkish neighbours, and then after the feast at the end of ramadan, and we got lot's of turkish homemade snacks and candy that they had left.

Yum...
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Infinite Zero @ Aug 12 2010, 01:02 PM) Happy Ramadan from the Philippines and to all Muslims although I'm a Christian
tongue.gif

Keep safe from hunger

Happy Ramadan to you too
wink.gif

QUOTE(tommzy2 @ Aug 12 2010, 01:04 PM)
you guys starve yourselfs so that you can know how the poor people feel without eating food, ok.
but instead of starving yourselfs til 7 pm and then buying $100 worth of food, why dont yous donate that money to the actual poor people instead of imitating their hunger, cos in not 1 single way does it help them, in fact its like you tease them cos then you stuff ur faces like no tomorrow after your done starving yourselfs, while they only eat like bread crumbs, seriously this fasting doesnt really help nothing, i know its a part of your religion, but it doesnt really help anyone in anyway, also money makes the world go round not fasting. so you might aswell not fast and donate money because it actually helps out poor people.

Ahh yes I forgot to mention though...
It's not a choice whether you fast or not. It's a must in the religion of Islam.
wink.gif

Yes, it does not help the needy. But we feel their pain, encouraging most of us to idk.. I guess like help them.
"might aswell not fast" ... Not allowed in Islam. Fasting is a must.
Hope you get it
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: