Happy Miku day!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by BurningDesire, Mar 9, 2016.

1. BurningDesire
    OP

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Hello everyone! Today is Miku day. Decided I make it into a thread because fuck it. It is also why my avatar is Hatsune Miku .

And for once it's not a day we just made up so we could post fun things. It's actually "Miku Day", March 9th, which in numbers is 3/9, which in Japanese is "Mi(tsu)-Ku". It's also known as "Miku's Giving Day", because 3/9 can also be pronounced as "SAN-KYUUUUU"

It's also the appropriately chosen date for Hatsune Miku's first-ever solo concert. How does a Vocaloid program get her very own solo concert? By being ridiculously popular, of course. Think of it as a Gorillaz concert, taken to the next level.

Erikku likes this.
  2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    I think we should, instead, have a day to celebrate the first two VOCALOIDs. LEON and LOLA. And maybe also one to celebrate Kaito and Meiko since they were the first Japanese VOCALOIDs to be released, and without those two, it's likely Miku wouldn't exist.
    Ok, maybe a day to just celebrate the first edition of the VOCALOID software. If VOCALOID didn't exist at all, Miku quite likely wouldn't exist at all either. Other popular vocal synthesis software such as UTAU probably wouldn't exist either since it was inspired by VOCALOID.

BurningDesire likes this.
  3. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I agree, I haven't really listened to any Leon and Lola songs but I love Kaito and Mieko <3

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Here's some usage examples of Kaito's V1 and Meiko's V1. People don't seem to use them often. Likely because VOCALOID works well only on older operating systems. I never got it to render when I was using Windows 8.1.
    I'm unable to listen to these myself right now, so I'm unsure of how good they actually sound.

BurningDesire likes this.
  5. BurningDesire
    OP

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    I am very happy you showed me these. They're going in my play list. Everything you show me is amazing xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Now it's my turn to share some love

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Forgot one lmao

Tomato Hentai likes this.