Happy International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Gender dysphoria" is the discomfort that comes from being transgender. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria "the term gender dysphoria applies only to the discontent experienced by some persons resulting from gender identity issues." And the terms "mental disorder", contrary to what people seem to believe, aren't per-se negative, they just indicate a distress that someone experiences.
That said, I don't agree myself with it being in the DSM, because as most people see "disorder" in a negative way, it just contributes to stigma, plus that distress can also have (partially or fully) social origins and I don't believe it's right to "shift the focus" on the distressed people, it's society that needs to change. It'll almost certainly go away in the next revision though :)
I strongly disagree with your opinion on that gender dysphoria should be removed form DSM-5 and other classifications for mental disorders. Ignoring people's medical needs just because some people see the words "disorder" and "mental illness" as insults seems utterly ridiculous.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Everyone needs to respect and accept homosexuals but no one accepts or respects homophobics :rofl2: wtf
1366951140405.png

Leave the shitposting to 4chan.

Reactions: The Catboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol