Hacking Happy home designer, any luck?

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an n3ds and I'm stuck at the loading screen. Decrypt9 seems to only support o3ds, same with rxtools (it hangs at the installation screen). I have absolutely no idea how to get it to work, so any pointers/guides to get it to work would be appreciated.

Edit: found a version of Decrypt9 that works on n3ds, but it seems to want a seeddb.bin file. This might be an issue since I'm on n3ds emunand.

Last edited by Gregora,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody please tell me if .3DS works with Sky3DS?
It's not been added to a template yet, but there's a fair chance that this is the first retail release outside of Japan that won't work on the Sky3ds.

I've got a cia of the USA release working fine on my o3ds (rxtools) - didn't have to do anything fancy to get it to work; grabbed it from the iso place, installed it, played it.

Reactions: SLiV3R and diowolf

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not been added to a template yet, but there's a fair chance that this is the first retail release outside of Japan that won't work on the Sky3ds.

I've got a cia of the USA release working fine on my o3ds (rxtools) - didn't have to do anything fancy to get it to work; grabbed it from the iso place, installed it, played it.

I'm starting to regret not getting an o3ds with 9.0 FW.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm starting to regret not getting an o3ds with 9.0 FW.
I've got both. Had my original 3ds on launch day, bought a n3dsxl a few months ago and system transfered old to new, sold the old one and bought a brand new o3ds on 2.x fw!
I love them both. CIA's and Ninjhax 1.1b on one, Sky3ds and Ironhax on the other. Best of both worlds (although I do miss out on the latest retroarch emus that work best on exploitable n3ds).

diowolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got both. Had my original 3ds on launch day, bought a n3dsxl a few months ago and system transfered old to new, sold the old one and bought a brand new o3ds on 2.x fw!
I love them both. CIA's and Ninjhax 1.1b on one, Sky3ds and Ironhax on the other. Best of both worlds (although I do miss out on the latest retroarch emus that work best on exploitable n3ds).

Any chance I still can get Ironhax?

Huxley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm on an n3ds and I'm stuck at the loading screen. Decrypt9 seems to only support o3ds, same with rxtools (it hangs at the installation screen). I have absolutely no idea how to get it to work, so any pointers/guides to get it to work would be appreciated.

Edit: found a version of Decrypt9 that works on n3ds, but it seems to want a seeddb.bin file. This might be an issue since I'm on n3ds emunand.
I have this problem too, the Decrypt9 ask for this file to create the xorpad, and I'm not able to get it because I haven't hardmodded my N3DS. It could be great if someone could pm me and share this file. I really want this game to work on my N3DS with reinand.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FYI: sky3DS team just updated their site. The following games were added into the new template:

CTR-P-BTUJDA76 =1299 - Chou Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi
CTR-P-AH5P5318 =1341 - Monster High - Skultimate Roller Maze (EU) Rev1
CTR-P-BL5P61CD =1342 - Skylanders-SuperChargers-Racing EU
CTR-P-BTNPC0D7 =1343 - Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Master-Splinters-Training-Pack EU
CTR-P-EDHEA77C =1348 - Animal-Crossing-Happy-Home-Designer USA
CTR-P-BL5EA98 =Z053 - Skylanders-SuperChargers-Racing US

Reactions: duwen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FYI: sky3DS team just updated their site. The following games were added into the new template:

CTR-P-BTUJDA76 =1299 - Chou Tousouchuu Atsumare! Saikyou no Tousou Monotachi
CTR-P-AH5P5318 =1341 - Monster High - Skultimate Roller Maze (EU) Rev1
CTR-P-BL5P61CD =1342 - Skylanders-SuperChargers-Racing EU
CTR-P-BTNPC0D7 =1343 - Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Master-Splinters-Training-Pack EU
CTR-P-EDHEA77C =1348 - Animal-Crossing-Happy-Home-Designer USA
CTR-P-BL5EA98 =Z053 - Skylanders-SuperChargers-Racing US

Just need confirmation that it works now. It wouldn't be the first time they added stuff to the template that didn't work (eshop releases and such).

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3DS ROM can be converted to CIA and played using rxTools. No cryptofix needed.

Sky does not work, however. Template didn't make any difference.

Last edited by Megaben99,

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3DS ROM can be converted to CIA and played using rxTools. No cryptofix needed.

Sky does not work, however. Template didn't make any difference.
That's if one is lucky and is on an o3ds. Rxtools doesn't exactly work on my n3ds.

I haven't had much luck with reiNAND.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to make it work on my n3ds with rxTools. In fact it was very easy : with 3ds simple cia converter check the FW Spoof option and enter this value : 3102. It should works on Cakes/Reinand too.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic, but how reliant is HHD on the Amiibo cards? I've got my preordered copy being shipped to me, but I'm contemplating downloading a copy now.

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gets additional characters to visit as far as I can tell. At one point the game asks if you have any cards and if you say no it replies "oh no big deal"

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to make it work on my n3ds with rxTools. In fact it was very easy : with 3ds simple cia converter check the FW Spoof option and enter this value : 3102. It should works on Cakes/Reinand too.
I tried this and it didn't work. Possibly because I don't have a seeddb.bin file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs