XP
Country
United States
I just want to say..

grog.gif
HAPPY DS LITE DAY EUROPE!!!
grog.gif

From all of us here in the USA!!!!

They were a hell of a lot smarter releasing it on a weekday rather than a Sunday like here in the US. That made no sense!
wacko.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you.

Too bad I won't be getting one anytime soon, for reasons of not having moneyz and not really needing one... But still, DS Lite is here!
yaynds.gif
=
grog.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
My friends had their DS Lite since June 21th.. most stores had started selling them a few days early...
smile.gif

but thank you anyway!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could have got mine yesturday but forgot all about it
laugh.gif
Just had to change mine to a white one, the black one had a dead pixel on it. The dead pixel was in the middle of the touch screen, while the screen was white you never noticed until it went black. Just glad I never used flashme as soon as I got it.

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you guys are lucky...we had no choice here in the US. At least you can pick black or white. I would have DEFINITELY gotten black! "Once you go black, you don't go back!". LOL! It was leaked here early too but almost impossible to still get it early. One of our major gaming chains here (GameStop) was ratting all of the other stores out that broke the release date. Little fags. It sucked.
By the way, do you all in Europe think that if I bought a black one (European DSL), I could just plug my AC cable into the back of the DSL & use it. I know we have different ac plugs in our continents. Let me know what you think!

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody want to buy me a black one & ship it to the US for me if & send money via PayPal?

Believe it or not, the first person that comes to mind that I trust is Costello, IF he wanted to do me the favor. Seems like a very honorable gent....
grog.gif

jaynjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In answer to your question 5uck3rpunch... No problem !
wink.gif

I bought a japanese white DS Lite two months ago and I tried a european adapter on it today : it worked.

Hardware is exactly the same on a JAP/US/EUP DS. You won't see any difference (except the little sticker on the back of the console).

So you'll be able to use a US adapter on a european DSL.
grog.gif

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In answer to your question 5uck3rpunch... No problem !Â
wink.gif

I bought a japanese white DS Lite two months ago and I tried a european adapter on it today : it worked.

Hardware is exactly the same on a JAP/US/EUP DS. You won't see any difference (except the little sticker on the back of the console).

So you'll be able to use a US adapter on a european DSL.Â
grog.gif

You rock! Thanx for that answer! Ooh! Another question I had was - Is the European DSL box & instructions in English? Or the native language of your country? Very interesting.

jaynjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mmm, we always got multi-languages packagings and booklets in Europe (English, French, German, But also Spanish, Italian and Dutch), so you'll be able to practice european speaking languages. ^^

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!! Now all I need is the monies
biggrin.gif
I'll probably go with white if they haven't released any other colours by the time I get the cash; didn't used to like white electronics stuff but after carting my little half-white Zen around it's grown on me.

jaynjay: And raise the postage fee from the weight of all the multilingual booklets
laugh.gif

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm, we always got multi-languages packagings and booklets in Europe (English, French, German, But also Spanish, Italian and Dutch), so you'll be able to practice european speaking languages. ^^

Our instruction booklets here come in all languages too. Easier for them to print one & send it out to all countries. So is the box in English?

jaynjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the console box too (i just checked my Gamecube's box and it's a "six-languaged").

However my dear 5uck3rpunch, you won't make an affair with a European DS.

In here, they sell it for €149,00 -> $187,00 after currency conversion.

Unless you're the biggest Nintendomaniac on earth (after me), or heir of the Rockefeller family...
tongue.gif

The black DSL should arrive soon in the US. Meantime, take the white one and I'm sure that even if you sell it to buy a black one in the future, you will have spent less than those $187,00.

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically, the packaging in the whole of europe is the same. It makes economic sense to have it that way, easier to distribute.
I think I could easily get a black, right this very minute, this very second, heck even 2 if I wanted. But I dont want to.
Its nice being able to get something, but not actually wanting it.

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the console box too (i just checked my Gamecube's box and it's a "six-languaged").

However my dear 5uck3rpunch, you won't make an affair with a European DS.

In here, they sell it for €149,00 -> $187,00 after currency conversion.

Unless you're the biggest Nintendomaniac on earth (after me), or heir of the Rockefeller family...Â
tongue.gif

The black DSL should arrive soon in the US. Meantime, take the white one and I'm sure that even if you sell it to buy a black one in the future, you will have spent less than those $187,00.

Hell, I paid $228 on eBay for the white DSL 10 days before it was released. So I geuss I'm a Nintendomaniac. LOL! I didn't read that the US is getting ANY other colors anytime soon. I guess you are right, I will stick with my white one.....for now.

...Its nice being able to get something, but not actually wanting it.

Hah! That's the way I feel about sex! (I'm married)

jaynjay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the black one won't be exclusive to Europe for a long time.

We're not used being treated so "nicely" by consoles manufacturers. We're always the last served... We pay our games $75... and our consoles...
cry.gif

I hate TAXES !!!
mad.gif

5uck3rpunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the black one won't be exclusive to Europe for a long time.

We're not used being treated so "nicely" by consoles manufacturers. We're always the last served... We pay our games $75... and our consoles...Â
cry.gif

I hate TAXES !!!Â
mad.gif

Don't worry jaynjay, we have taxes here too!
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime