Happy AKAIO-Fool's Day

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    [​IMG] Happy AKAIO-Fool's Day
    Thanks for playing!
    [​IMG]

Yes, the AKAIO + Menudo Team Acekard purchase was an April fool’s joke. Did you get fooled?

I have been a proponent of the AKAIO firmware and all of the Acekard products for sometime. The official GBATemp #acekard IRC channel has allowed me to become friends with many cool people. Those people helped to bring this about…

Ohsix mentioned a great idea for a Icon based view mode. Vaguerant did a quick mock up, which I used as the screen capture in the joke. Normmatt, myself, and SoulAnger have an ongoing, very friendly, discussion about Menudo. All of a sudden the joke came together: use the screen capture which spawned from one idea, merge it with AKAIO and claim it is Menudo. In one quick post I have confused the AKAIO lovers, Menudo followers, SoulAnger fans, Fanboys, Haters, and general Flash Linker users.

If you believed it or not, I hope you enjoyed this joke. I hope it sparked some type of emotional response. I thank all of the staff members who played along, none of whom knew I was going to make the post. Thanks to Norm, Smiths, and Gelu for your code!

Happy AKAIO-Fool’s Day!!

-Another World

[​IMG] Discuss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice