• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Happy 4th July Patriots!

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well it's that time again where you yanks can celebrate beating the British and take pride in your country.

Happy July 4th, I hope you have a good time with your family and friends and are thankful to the patriots that fought and died for you to have the freedom to celebrate this special day in your history.

For the drinkers amongst you - have a beer for me, all the best and may God bless you and your country.

Viva la América!, Vive l'Amérique !, تحيا أمريكا!.

Last edited by mrdude,

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot: Happy Independence Day AMERICA ! :toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

BenjaminFranklinQuote3.jpg

franklin_liberties_0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Axido and mrdude

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the day we celebrate our independence from the British, a spectacular day of revolution, and the only act of resistance the Republicans have ever been fond of.

Now we celebrate the day as America actively revokes rights and laws meant to protect the very people it's soldiers are fighting and dying for.

Soldiers aren't fighting to protect the lives yet to exist, they're fighting for the lives that are already present, the same people who's rights are being taken away. To say that a person deserves to have their rights taken away is to imply that our soldiers are dying for nothing.
If that is one's stance, then they have no business celebrating this holiday, or even calling themselves an American.

Happy 4th of July to those who fight for those rights.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the day we celebrate our independence from the British, a spectacular day of revolution, and the only act of resistance the Republicans have ever been fond of.

Now we celebrate the day as America actively revokes rights and laws meant to protect the very people it's soldiers are fighting and dying for.

Soldiers aren't fighting to protect the lives yet to exist, they're fighting for the lives that are already present, the same people who's rights are being taken away. To say that a person deserves to have their rights taken away is to imply that our soldiers are dying for nothing.
If that is one's stance, then they have no business celebrating this holiday, or even calling themselves an American.

I get it and those are valid points, but this being a gaming community primarily still makes it feel weird to talk about politics (although this is its category).

Reactions: SyphenFreht

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel there's a distinct lack of independence to be celebrated this year, with monarchs slowly stripping away our rights and a whole lot of taxation without representation going on. Won't stop me from enjoying some Chinese fireworks and BBQ, but the holiday itself has lost essentially all meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: MariArch

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much just watered my garden and apple trees because it's so freaking dry. I did find a little time to stick some fire crackers into some mole tunnels because those A-holes wreck my yard. Hope they enjoy the explosions and smell.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
This day on 1776 together with the France revolution were the beginning of the end of absolutism everywhere, even for places that has nothing to do with USA and France at first sight. We can't underestimate the importance of that act.

What USA means today do not matter, the history was written then, not now.

Reactions: Xzi

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Put your tears in the cup please.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see you're still not adding anything to the thread. Have I upset you to the point you need to follow my activity, trying to get under my skin?
I commented on this thread before you, so I get notifications on new posts. Don't flatter yourself bby, you ain't that attractive. And what's to add? It's a thread about celebrating the 4th, not another existential debate on whatever bullshit people wanna whine about.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I commented on this thread before you, so I get notifications on new posts. Don't flatter yourself bby, you ain't that attractive. And what's to add? It's a thread about celebrating the 4th, not another existential debate on whatever bullshit people wanna whine about.

You still chose to quote me though, and even after that nice message you left in the other thread mentioning how you weren't going to read my post anymore.

Right, but you still didn't add anything relevant, unless you count idolizing me as relevant.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still chose to quote me though, and even after that nice message you left in the other thread mentioning how you weren't going to read my post anymore.

Right, but you still didn't add anything relevant, unless you count idolizing me as relevant.
I said I wasn't gonna read your posts in the other thread if I didn't want to. What, miss me already? I know I know, I'm just that enchanting~

You didn't add anything relevant either except more miserable vitriol from a miserable and sad human being that you are.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said I wasn't gonna read your posts in the other thread if I didn't want to. What, miss me already? I know I know, I'm just that enchanting~

You didn't add anything relevant either except more miserable vitriol from a miserable and sad human being that you are.

How can I miss you when you came to another thread to quote me? Quite the drip you think you've got there. I bet you get all the 4chan incels hitting you up.

I like that you have yet to use the word "vitriol" until I used it. Do you always run out of comebacks early on in the conversation and automatically resort to mirroring what comes to you?

Don't forget to admire the fireworks, representing all the soldiers who died so you can be a demented human being on the Internet.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I miss you when you came to another thread to quote me? Quite the drip you think you've got there. I bet you get all the 4chan incels hitting you up.

I like that you have yet to use the word "vitriol" until I used it. Do you always run out of comebacks early on in the conversation and automatically resort to mirroring what comes to you?

Don't forget to admire the fireworks, representing all the soldiers who died so you can be a demented human being on the Internet.
Keep the tears coming boy, it quenches my thirst. And I don't remember you using the word vitriol first, and even if you did, it doesn't matter, you don't own that word so I can use it any damn time I want you entitled moron lol

• Haha
Reactions: mrdude

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep the tears coming boy, it quenches my thirst.

I have yet to waste any tears on you, little manboy. You better be careful how far you take this; I'd hate to see all my juicy comments removed cuz you like to derail into madness when no one backs down from your tantrums and regurgitated attempts at insults.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse