OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_ps15.jpg

It all began 15 years ago today. On December 3, 1994, Sony released the PlayStation in Japan. The rest, as they say, is history.

Yes, it's hard to remember now, but there once was a time, before WipeOut, before Tomb Raider, before PaRappa, that Sony entering the gaming business didn't sound like such a sure bet.

There was a failed attempt at a CD-based system in partnership with Nintendo. There was the fact Sony were an unproven force in a market dominated by Nintendo and Sega. And the PlayStation's approach was all so adult.

Time, of course, has proven any doubts unfounded. The original PlayStation blew people's minds from the moment it launched, and its successor - the PS2 - is still the #1 selling video game console of all time. So it too did OK.

True, things haven't quite been the same for the company since, with both the PSP and PS3 failing to achieve the same level of market dominance. Oh well. There's still plenty of time left for both platforms (well, at least the PS3, which has been coming along in great strides all year), and besides, today isn't a day for nit-picking.

It's a day for clinking glasses. Happy birthday, PlayStation. Think it's safe to say the video game business wouldn't have been the same without you.

(History buffs/Sony fans might want to check out this celebratory site, which is quite neat. It even has the ducks!)
Source.
Celebration Site.

Happy Birthday Playstation.
smile.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to own a Playstation. I don't know where the hell it is now. (I've lost 2 consoles now, the Gamecube and this, I don't know how the hell I lost something so big)

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
deanxxczx said:
Maybe they will be kind and give CFW owners PSN back
frown.gif

Just for a day... Please

I doubt Sony will do that.

I haven't seen any promotional deals in the US or Japanese PS stores.

They just had a fall sale on the US PSN store, flower for 4.99, the last guy 4.99 and others. They have a large sale EVERY year on black friday. They also have sales on games on certain weeks. You are either blind, ignorant, or just trolling. Please choose one.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
quepaso said:
Hop2089 said:
deanxxczx said:
frown.gif

Just for a day... Please

They just had a fall sale on the US PSN store, flower for 4.99, the last guy 4.99 and others. They have a large sale EVERY year on black friday. They also have sales on games on certain weeks. I am either blind, ignorant, or just trolling. Please choose one.

Well have you thought about different countrys?

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Store updates in, some good offers, Killzone 2: Flash & Thunder Pack - £2.39, Killzone 2: Map Pack Bundle - £7.99, The Last Guy - £3.99, Dark Mist - £3.99, SOCOM: Confrontation - £14.99, MediEvil: Resurrection PLA - £7.99, Need for Speed: Most Wanted 5-1-0 - £11.99, Need for Speed: ProStreet - £11.99, Gangs of London - £14.99, Killzone: Liberation PLA - £14.99.
PLA means Platinum release.
Note that these are from the European PS Store.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
Any special deals on psn today because of this?

I was gonna say cuz when it's someone's birthday, you give a gift. But when it's a company's birthday, they give a gift so GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!
yaypsp.gif

QUOTE(Raika @ Dec 3 2009, 11:59 AM) I used to own a Playstation. I don't know where the hell it is now. (I've lost 2 consoles now, the Gamecube and this, I don't know how the hell I lost something so big)

I couldn't find my Gamecube for a week so even though that thing is huge, it can pass for a shoebox in the corner of your closet..... =_=

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quepaso said:
Hop2089 said:
deanxxczx said:
frown.gif

Just for a day... Please

They just had a fall sale on the US PSN store, flower for 4.99, the last guy 4.99 and others. They have a large sale EVERY year on black friday. They also have sales on games on certain weeks. You are either blind, ignorant, or just trolling. Please choose one.

Whats black friday? don't think anyone celebrates that in europe
unsure.gif

Dark Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
members.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, I remember the days of me playing my psone.. So many good times. I still ocassionally break out Chrono Cross and play it.

On a side note, Black friday is just a day of pure CHAOS. The biggest shopping day of the year because of the insane sales you can find. I have horrific nightmares still from the black friday this year.. Got up at 4:30AM, got to walmart, and I find thousands of other people in line waiting to be checked out.. I said no thank you and went to best buy.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Playstation, you gave me the following games, for which I am most grateful:

- FF7+8+9
- Silent Bomber
- Ape Escape
- Alundra
- Metal Gear Solid
- Legend of the Dragoon
- Wild Arms
- Hogs of War
- Castlevania Symphony of the Night
- Gran Turismo
- Grand Theft Auto
- Ace Combat

Need I go on? Playstation, I salute you. Happy birthday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s