Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I've been working on some mods for Gundam the 3D Battle, mainly trying to translate most of the menus so that I can understand them. However, when I try to launch it in HANS, my screen just stays black.

I've used HANS for other mods before and have never had this issue. Is it because this is a JP region cart? I've tried every language combination and region combination in HANS and they've all failed.

Any thoughts or information from similar experienced would be awesome!

Altr0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Does Luma allow me to replace the RomFS as well? I can use the region free loader on my current setup, but the main setback is that it dosen't let me redirect RomFS reads/write which I need to test my mods.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does Luma allow me to replace the RomFS as well? I can use the region free loader on my current setup, but the main setback is that it dosen't let me redirect RomFS reads/write which I need to test my mods.
No. You can use NTR-CFW with LayeredFS for that. It's the best way to test changes quickly since you only need to place the modded files on SD and it reads them automatically, no need to build RomFS. NTR-CFW has language/region emulation too ;)

Altr0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
No. You can use NTR-CFW with LayeredFS for that. It's the best way to test changes quickly since you only need to place the modded files on SD and it reads them automatically, no need to build RomFS. NTR-CFW has language/region emulation too ;)

Awesome man, thank you so much for the info, I've managed to test my changes by building a 3DS file and then running that via my Gateway but that takes FOREVER.

I've been out of the scene for a few months, I'll try to set that up today, got any links for the google-impaired?

EDIT: Found a great tut here, trying to get it working on my N3DS:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-layeredfs-plugin.389977/

Last edited by Altr0n,

Altr0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So brief update:

I got NTR-CFW setup and built a layeredFS plugin, screen flashes green on launch, however it just hands at the 3DS launch screen after that. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

william341

Last remaining VinsClone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So brief update:

I got NTR-CFW setup and built a layeredFS plugin, screen flashes green on launch, however it just hands at the 3DS launch screen after that. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
your mod's fucked.

Altr0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
your mod's fucked.

This is even without any mods. I think that the problem lies in the plugin itself, when I revisited the build process it claimed to be missing some symbols. I think that is the core of the issue here. (This was explained to me by another user in a different thread). So the next step is to load the ROM in IDA and find the missing symbols.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."