Homebrew HANS for online play?

ClassicGame1995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it is possible to use HANS to spoof the firmware on a 3ds to enable online play? If so a tutorial of some kind would be nice.

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know using NTR Debugger with any of the Pokemon games prevents them from going online. I've heard it works with Mario Kart 7, can anyone confirm this for me? If so, HANS and NTR Debugger probably prevent online access for similar reasons.

Also interesting to note that HANS does the green flash when loading custom romfs the same way NTR Debugger flashes green when cheats or the debugger is loaded.

TylerSGman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried playing Omega Ruby online and it will not work so is there anyway you can tell me how you got it working?

Man, I'm really not sure whats wrong with yours, but I just got online like normal. Haven't messes with any settings or anything, just booted up with HANS. Maybe it only works with certain games

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also so say that playing Mario Kart 7 online works just running it through hans.

If I run Super Smash Brothers through hans it asks me to create a new save file so I guess I can't do it that way.
I'll be trying animal crossing: new leaf here shortly.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can do that on 9.8 without hans. I don't think that's any indicator.

Just realized I also hadn't played since 9.9 was the latest FW... :creep:

I'll see if I can find randoms and jump in. I'll probably be hated by new people I have no clue exist, but it's only for science. :teach:

EDIT: Successfully jumped into a lobby and left right after. :evil:

Last edited by Selim873,

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since not many people play Animal Crossing: New Leaf anymore, I wasn't able to actually go to someone elses town.
I wasn't able to connect to the thing where you can get presents from the online server though, so Animal Crossing might be a no go.

Ar7ific1al

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since not many people play Animal Crossing: New Leaf anymore, I wasn't able to actually go to someone elses town.
I wasn't able to connect to the thing where you can get presents from the online server though, so Animal Crossing might be a no go.
I don't think you need the latest firmware for ACNL. I'm on 10.1 and have had no trouble with ACNL online after 10.2 was pushed. I don't have another system with <10.1 FW so I cannot test on a lower FW.
Last I heard, Nintendo discontinued item distributions. I receive letters to get items from Nintendo Zone, but I'm never near a Nintendo Zone hotspot. SpotPass item distribution was discontinued, but they started distributing Japan-exclusive items via Nintendo Zone.

I visit my gf's town and she visits mine all the time.

Last edited by Ar7ific1al,

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used HANS on the eshop to download the omega ruby updates, and without using HANS on omega ruby, i was able to connect online and use GTS and redeem some serial codes

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Smea really need to make updates block configuratable. I want to redeem Japanese shiny xerneas event.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM