Hands on PS Vita in Tokyo

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by GameWinner, Nov 28, 2011.

Nov 28, 2011

Hands on PS Vita in Tokyo by GameWinner at 1:38 AM (2,646 Views / 1 Likes) 49 replies

1. GameWinner
    OP

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States

http://www.wirelessg...ds-on-in-tokyo/

1 person likes this.

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Smexy.

3. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    My true and honest highest worry, is the psv will be just a ps3p down the line.

Also, with the load times, it seem you will need to data install.

1 person likes this.
  4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'm interested to hear more about these "load times". I don't mind a bit of a long load as long as it's not frequent.

For instance, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce for the PSP had horrendous loads. It was like at least a minute every time and you'd be transitioning frequently from the hub to missions. On the other hand, I noticed a game like Duels of the Planeswalkers (the old one, not 2012) has somewhat "long" load times and they're very frequent (this was fixed in D12 it appears).

I can bare the load times in the case of DotP but it really killed Strikeforce for me. This was before I had my Go and couldn't afford the room for a data install, but even then I don't want to waste all this space on a data install on my Go either. It's already pretty stuffed.

That sounds like the greatest thing ever.

5. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Looks like they didn't fix the long load times the PSP had.

1 person likes this.
  6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I assume that those games were in the ms, and not the game cards (since the guy exchanged the game without needing to change the game card). The load times seemed fine to me, except Uncharted seemed a little slow. If that's the load time in the ms, I'm pretty sure that the game card will be bound to need some kind of data install, unless the game cards have the same read speed as the ms (which we know nothing about). Oh well, at least faster than those UMDs. :P

Otherwise, the Vita looks amazing. And omigosh UMvC3 looks amazing :D

7. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    You say that, but I'm sure you got a ps3.
    You want to buy two if that is the case?

Why not just buy one and concentrate games/gaming on it?

Actually, I kinda find my worry a little weak. I buy for all the certain gen consoles games in the house,but I didn't own one.
    Tho that still concentrating on it...

I ps3p games wise...

8. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    For what it's worth, that "irritatingly long" load time of Uncharted is probably biased, because the reviewer only gets very limited hands-on time, so every precious second counts. but judging from the video, it's not that bad. it's definitely better than PSP loading times.

9. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    except the fact that it was in the ms, instead of the game card. We still don't know how fast the game cards will be, so it might be a little slower if you buy a physical copy.

10. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I sure hope loading times aren't that long.

11. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Thank you for the upload. From the looks of it the load times are tolerable so the problem will mainly be the developer's fault and not the PSP VITA. The main menu looks like it can hold multiple games from the sd card, what I'm curious is when discontinue from gameplay is the game still running or on standby?

12. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    I wouldn't mind a PS3P, and this won't become one. Sure Disgaea 3 is coming to PSVita but that's because it gives NIS & NISA easy cash. I can't wait for it and LittleBigPlanet Vita.

13. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Is it me or is Ridge Racer lagging the hell out of it? Also the graphics in Ridge Racer are a bit hmmmm... look at the environments, it looks like it is a 3DS game, bloody no, PSP.

The console seems 'okay' I guess.

14. chris888222

Singapore
    Generally the console looks and feels okay to me, although the holding position (thanks to the touch pad) may take a little time to get used to. The graphics are very good but it's all up to the devs to utilize it.

And yeah, RRVita doesn't look that good. It's a complete joke too thanks to DLC. I'll probably be picking up a much more worthwhile racer like Modnation.

15. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hum... Seems nice... Might get one once it releases, just hope its not like the PSP was at first (sold my psp soon after I got it cuz there were no rpgs for it at the time) xP
    Also, one thing I hate in portable games is loading times... A long loading time cuts the excitment of a game, like... You're all excited since you're about to fight a boss for example, and have to wait 2 mins in a loading screen... You lose all the adrenalin. D=

Btw, is that game tekken? =S

16. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    Me want badly! Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it.

17. chris888222

Singapore
    Looks like it. Or maybe the 'Fight' title!

18. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    feel your pain. I love monster hunter, I got it for my PSP and it looked good enough, played ok, but if you moved more than 10 steps it had to load the whole area separately, this was through the entire game, loading, loading, loading. This happened without warning, or need.
    Pissed me right off. Sold my PSP a LONG time ago because of similar problems to this.

Will NOT be buying a VITA because I can already see signs of future problems.

19. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    It looks pretty nice so far but it may take me a couple of years to get one.

20. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Ridge Racer Vita is shit, there's a good explanation. It's better to not associate the general performance of the Vita with Ridge Racer, there are much better titles out there to give you a good grasp of the system.