Handheld in form of a nes-module

blackdragonbaham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nesP - Handheld within a nes-module

some guy in an other forum just brought out this baby, i was realy flashed and impressed of the style and the idea itself, and wanted to share my founds with my friends in gbatemp^^ (this think isn't from me) , don't have the slightest idea of modcasing and programming things, use the quotation link to get to the developers forum the site )

QUOTE said:
nesP is basically a noname china brand portable media player, with the advantage of being able to play nes roms, and a nes controller hacked to the controls. First off the buttons on the original media player just sucked, they were so small and tight that my fingers could not easily push them. So I got the idea of modding a nes controller to it, that’s when I remembered about the above mentioned mod, and thought maybe I can cram this inside of a cartridge case with the controller. Well it worked perfect, it was like it was made to fit, I didn’t use any hot glue or anything other than some double sided tape to hold the battery in place. It’s a really tight fit though. It’s got 4gb built in memory, with a sd card slot in the inside so you could expand the memory if needed, and not only does it play nes games, but it also plays gameboy and gameboy color roms as well. 2.8” TFT LCD, built-in rechargeable lithium battery, Video player, MP3 player, FM radio, Picture viewer, Audio recorder, it’s got a camera and video camera (but I disabled them to fit in the case), built in speaker, and the best part… TV-OUT !!! so you can play on the big screen! The unit has 2 additional buttons on the front, ones power, and the other is used to navigate the main menu, basically it’s a ‘back’ button. And there is a small hole drilled in the back with a reset button behind it. The unit has 3 plug ins on the right side, AC power (to charge the battery) Mini USB (to put files on the thing) and the TV-OUT plug. I also spent some time and redid the images used for the main menu and the game selection screen.

QUOTEthis thing is for sale
yay.gif

quotation source benheck.com

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks pretty awesome. I still got some spare Super Mario Bros. cartridges somewhere in my room (dont ask my how/why)..

So I think I'm gonna try this one myself.

blackdragonbaham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MegaAce™ said:
friggin cool, this thing
tongue.gif
is it already on sale, or not?

i just found it in the benheck forum
am no registered member, so do not know about price etc
airz made the prototype, think he's gonna build it or sell it per demand
QUOTENow last thing, this unit cost me a lot to finish, due to going through 3 game cases, 2 controllers, and 2 of the media player systems I used, so to recoup my loses, this thing is for sale. So if you’re interested drop me a PM. Thanks for looking

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had the money and know-how to get into this kinda stuff. I always thought it was cool that I could reshape a console so long as its pieces fit and were tended to.

I'd be putting so much into the old gameboys. Cellphones, hard drives, DVD players. I dunno. Stuff.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone putting a somewhat functioning PC into an old GameBoy, using a CF card as the HDD. Granted, the screen and buttons didn't work, but it was still pretty cool.

I'd like to see if the guy's got any sort of tutorial written up for this, I have 3 or 4 Tetris carts and $100 to spend on a media player.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0