Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Saw this on another site and thought it'd be worth asking here.

Personally it's the hand dryer, although the last option can be tempting
wub.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Paper Towels

Every hand dryer I've ever used always seems like it takes forever to dry my hands. And then even after it shuts off, my hands still feel wet, which especially sucks during the winter.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Hand dryer, they're awesome when it's cold outside. Paper towels are rubbish, I see people grabbing an handful of 4 in the pub when they only need one. It's such a waste.

Actual towels are vastly superior anyway. But they'd get dirty, so everyone should carry their own little one. Perfect
smile.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my pants, or swing them in the air till they dry. I find both methods to be inefficient (IMO). Green for me
biggrin.gif

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an Emerald account run a search...

In essence, hand dryers, even the most expensive ones have the effect of moisture remaining in parts of the machine, bacteria love moisture, and lots of machines do not blow air that is hot enough to kill pathogenic bacteria, plus a lot of people do not wash their hands properly, and so hands with faecal matter and / or bacteria enter the machine, and some of that matter can get blown onto your hands.

You can imagine what drying your hands on a re-usable towel or your trousers can do...Not good.

Despite the negative environmental consequences, drying your hands with dry paper towels is your best bet.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Paper Towel. Hand Dryers suck, they never get your hands totally dry. I also, sometimes, wave my hands in the air until they're dry, but not on cold days.

It's not environmentally friendly (the paper towels), but it's the cleanest and most hygienic bet.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have an Emerald account run a search...

In essence, hand dryers, even the most expensive ones have the effect of moisture remaining in parts of the machine, bacteria love moisture, and lots of machines do not blow air that is hot enough to kill pathogenic bacteria, plus a lot of people do not wash their hands properly, and so hands with faecal matter and / or bacteria enter the machine, and some of that matter can get blown onto your hands.

You can imagine what drying your hands on a re-usable towel or your trousers can do...Not good.

Despite the negative environmental consequences, drying your hands with dry paper towels is your best bet.
All the same bacteria would be present on the paper towel dispenser, the door handle, etc.

I really like using air dryers. I always get dryer hands that way, it just takes a little longer. I hate having to waste 2 - 3 paper towels just to get dry enough.

Anything's better than the re-usable towel on a roll that I grew up with. Those were just gross.

What an odd topic btw.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anything's better than the re-usable towel on a roll that I grew up with. Those were just gross.

What an odd topic btw.
Yeah, they never really seemed to dry in time for the next person... And it was even more disgusting if someone wiped their... nose on them...

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person