Gaming Hamachi Trouble

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So a friend of mine has a minecraft server set up via Hamachi and I've downloaded Hamachi again to try and connect to his server again. Problem is that Hamachi has changed a lot since I last used it and its not working for some reason.
It can't connect to Hamachi's servers for whatever reason which doesn't make any sense to me. My internet is working just fine.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything in the logs that might help us in trouble shooting it, we are unfortunately not psychic

Are you unable to connect to Hamachi central in order to get your unique IP? Are you behind a proxy where that might be an issue? Are you having problems joining a Hamachi network? What specific errors do you get?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't connect to Hamachi's servers. I.e. the place it can connect to all the other servers/run your own VPN from. This connection shouldn't require port forwarding or similar since its just a server connection which my PC does all the time to connect to Minecraft servers etc.
No specific error code just
QUOTE said:
Failed to Connect to Hamachi servers. Would you like Hamachi to automatically monitor server availability and establish a connection as soon as it becomes possible?
I am not behind any Proxies or anything other than my router's firewall and Windows Firewall.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I'm running on XP...is that better or worse? Lack of any connection makes me think worse.
Well.. Hamachi has gone all to shit, but there's no problems with XP itself.
(On Vista/7, Hamachi conflicts with the way Windows does networks, Homegroups and other virtual networks like VMWare)

I would suggest uninstalling Hamachi all together and then installing an older version, like this:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/4536/ -- the last version before LogMeIn fucked it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1